Chapter 5 - La Petite Venise

the next day, 0900 hours - somewhere in Barcelona, Spain

following the greenlight from Harrison, Commander Field was assigned to take Jack's place in the hunt for Tomas Dominguez, a cultist leader from the Dominican Republic who is tagged by the american FBI as "FBI's Most Wanted". as of this point, Dominguez is currently in Barcelona where he will be recruiting more foreign members before moving on to Switzerland according to the intel that the Royal Marines gathered from the deceased at Gibraltar. Field has already been tailing him since he arrived in Barcelona in the armored Range Rover, prepared to assault the second cultist meeting. with his men by his side and his .50 caliber Desert Eagle by the other, there's no way he will back down from a fight.

several hours earlier... - enroute to Colmar

after finally entering the motorway, Evan calmed down and raced down the road in the stolen Renault Clio V6. the only problem he would be having as of this point is that the steering wheel is on the left of the car and Evan is only experienced in driving a car with the wheel being on the right, the best example of this is when he was still using the old Austin Mini Cooper which was used to be a race car driven by his father who was a race car driver during the 1980's until he converted it to a road-legal sleeper after his first op with the SAS back in 1993. the poor Austin was eventually abandoned when he was presumed dead after an attempt to raid an unknown enemy base in the south pole, it was then used by his own son when he finally learned how to drive at the age of 16. there surely were a lot of memories that Evan and his father had with the Austin, from it's days on the track to the opening of The Short Leg which was a pub that his father is running back at Lancashire. he could just imagine driving the Austin once again but in the streets of Tokyo where light would reflect on the union jack flag printed on the roof and not to mention Kanami sitting next to the scouser as they smile, now that was a romantice love fantasy despite the fact that Evan is supposed to go after another girl that he also fell in love with just months before he even met the idol. meanwhile in the black Forester which is currently over a mile behind the Renault, Rosewall and Ashton discussed with Matsuo about the notes as they attempt to tail the stolen Renault. "so you and Miyuki were actually staying in that hotel just some time before then she just disappears after that little trip without a trace, is that correct?" DS Ashton asked from the passenger seat. "yes...after we returned to Tokyo...i never saw her again..." Matsuo answered, referring to the trip he was on with Miyuki after Evan's trial. "so why did you even come back? were you looking for clues?" Rosewall asked as he focused on the road. "i found a letter in my flat the other night...it's said that Miyuki won't have much time and it even had the coordinates to the hotel...i think Evan may have recieved the same thing..." Matsuo said, guessing that Evan did get the very same letter which is true. "...two of you getting the same letter and coordinates...this seems like a trap..." Ashton said, worried about how this trip will go. "if it is gonna be a trap, we better call Harrison" Rosewall replied. "but do you really think he's awake at this time? he could be at his flat in London right now..." Ashton said. "in that case, we'll warn Commander Field" Rosewall said. "nah we can't...he's taking Parsons' place for the op and as of now, he could be in Barcelona" Ashton denied. "well sod it, we'll call Harrison in the morning" Rosewall said with his line of sight still stuck to the road.

0800 hours - 22 miles to Colmar

on the following morning, Evan casually stopped at a petrol station and replenished the Renault's fuel level before deciding to buy his breakfast from the nearby shop. a sandwich seems suitable as the scouser thought, he got what he needed and so he paid the owner and left before suddenly finding the black Forester approaching the petrol station. he then hurried back into the Renault then drove as fast as possible to Colmar.

0830 hours - "Little Venice", Colmar

after arriving in the town of Colmar and leaving the Renault somewhere near near the main highway, Evan followed the GPS coordinates to "Little Venice", a nice little landmark located in a part of town where vehicles aren't usually allowed. it was surely a peaceful place considering that there is no traffic or even any trace of it unlike places in South East Asia, his next objective is to either find Miyuki or maybe another clue that will lead to wherever she is. he waited, searched everywhere and there was no sign of her but all he found was yet another note. it was another set of coordinates, "50.11254,8.672140000000013" it read on the piece of paper. the scouser would eventually type in the numbers into his smartphone's GPS app and trace it to the so called "Main Tower" in Frankfurt, it happens to be just past the German border. this would probably mean that he'll have to travel all the way to Frankfurt but since he knows that Harrison may be on to him and so he tries to get another vehicle, any motor vehicle that he wouldn't be recognized in. he later found a nice looking BMW, an E36 M3 to be exact. there was even a valet parking service so all he had to do was to fake the job and steal it, he took the keys from the car and drove off before Matsuo and the boys of Scotland Yard arrive to find the written coordinates to Main Tower. this meant that another race has just begun but they never knew what Evan would currently be driving as the stolen Renault was found empty near the motorway, they had no choice but to hurry to Frankfurt just after returning to the black Forester and hauled arse to German soil.