Chapter 6 - The Race to Frankfurt

1000 hours - MI6 Headquarters, London, UK

following the beginning of the race to Main Tower, Harrison sat in his office and stared into the view of London from the transparent wall behind him, becoming more concerned about what Evan is doing. this is the first time Evan got into trouble with MI6 since Riley MacMillan's suicide case in Fuefuki, that last incident was worse than the current one but with Jack knocked into a coma and Field tracking down Dominguez and even the fact that the scouser is no longer in the RAF's military jurisdiction, this is when he needs more help. since the next destination will be on German soil, he decided that supporting Scotland Yard's boys by tracking the scouser will have to be a job for the modern German Luftwaffe. he then made an attempt to contact the chief running the certain German branch, it took him at least a while before managing to connect with the chief's office. "Lieutenant-General Gunter Reinhart?" Harrison asked. "ja, you must Albert Harrison of MI6" Gunter said in response. "i believe the men i assigned to an operation may require assistance from one of your recon drones" Harrison replied. "state your reason, Mister Harrison" Reinhart insisted in hearing out his reason. "ever heard of Tomas Domingo?" Harrison asked. "the FBI's most wanted..." Reinhart answered. "yes and he's knocked out one of our best men and i have to find his friend but our drones will be out of the RAF's jurisdiction, that is why i am in need of assistance from the German Air Force." Harrison stated. "i am relieved that you have asked for our help, we still haven't tested our own Exorcist drones since our contract with the Kirijo Group and Igirisu Corporation." Reinhart accepted Harrison's request for help in tracking Evan. "where shall the drone start?" Reinhart asked. "there's a black Subaru Forester just enroute to the German border, it's currently occupied by two of Scotland Yard's boys and they may be looking for the operative that i need" Harrison answered, giving a green light on the first ever Exorcist drone to be deployed by the Germans. "send his information and i may alert the Federal Polizei" Reinhart requested the bio data and background of Evan Price. "we'll send it over, thank you." Harrison replied before ending the call.

three hours later - 11 minutes to Frankfurt

three hours have passed as Evan raced through the motorway in the stolen E36 M3 at least moments before his stomach began to rumble, the scouser may be a shadow but it is surprising that he would get hungry at times like this. "seriously...?" Evan mumbled to himself before deciding to stop at the nearest service station for lunch, despite that he never decided whether it's a good idea or not. after minutes of enjoying multiple pieces of fried chicken, he hurried back to the M3 coupe with some snacks in his hand and drove off as fast as he legally could in German soil. several minutes later, Matsuo and the two englishmen stopped at the very same service station and had their lunch before they were suddenly asked about an englishman that raced off in a BMW with french numberplates. they were surprised, DCI Rosewall and DS Ashton then ran up to the security control room and checked the CCTV footage of Evan carrying a plastic bag to the M3 before driving off at high speed. "that's him, we should catch up" Rosewall said before signalling Ashton and Matsuo to get back in the car and drove off in a hurry, hoping they could catch up to the scouser despite the amount of time they took to have lunch. Harrison eventually received a message from DCI Rosewall that Evan was in a stolen BMW M3 E36 coupe with french number plates, he then passed the information on to the team operating the Exorcist drone at Germany, it was about time they made progress in their operation. later that day, Evan finally drove to Main Tower in the German city of Frankfurt and his next objective is to find out whether Miyuki will meet him there or just leave another note for him and Matsuo. and so the scouser ran to the elevator and set the destination to the top floor where a view of Frankfurt can be admired, he then arrived at the very top floor and took a look around hoping that the mission ends here, all he found was a note hidden under he built in binoculars and as he guessed, it was another set of coordinates. " 42.9992881,43.1086402999999334" it read on the note, he then typed it in to find out that it's actually pointing to the Central Shkhara Mountains just somewhere in Georgia. this probably means it could be the last destination as a note wouldn't easily be found in those areas, the only problem now is how he's supposed to get there. he can't take the BMW since it's too far and he probably won't make it in time, he needs a plane and of course a private one. he'll have to find some sort of private aviation service for this last race and so he returned to the BMW and scouted around the city of Frankfurt, hoping to find a pilot of a non-commercial aircraft. meanwhile with Matsuo and the two men of Scotland Yard, the three hurried up to the very top floor of Main Tower to find the note crumpled into a paper ball in an empty bin. this time, they finally had the advantage or do they? unlike Evan, they can easily find transport going to the Central Shkhara Mountains while the scouser continues searching for a pilot. they then called Harrison and asked for a flight to the nearest airport to that very last destination, they unfortunately heard that the last flight to the country of Georgia has just taken off, what bad luck. despite that, Evan sat in a pub and thought about giving up until he suddenly overheard two men discussing a job that involves delivering a fresh shipment of Heckler and Koch's weapons to British Korea and Japan. he then approached the two men and asked about their flight route and he must be in luck as it's actually over the Central Shkhara Mountains, he then asked if he can come along for half the flight and they actually allowed him. he later boarded the cargo plane moments before it ran down the tarmac and took off. Rosewall and Ashton would then have no choice but to beg the German Air Force for help, and so they insisted in taking a transport jet to Georgia, unaware that they gave Evan a head start.