Chapter 3 - K.O

the same day, just hours earlier - Harrison's office, MI6 Headquarters

meanwhile back in British soil, Jack walks in and closes the door to Harrison's office as he was urgently summoned. they eventually sat down and began briefing.

"Tomas Dominguez, born in the Dominican Republic with spanish parents, he is said to be a very important member of the Filii Gehennae, a cult notorious for it's similar rituals to those done by the South Africa-based ISC. as of now, he is in Gibraltar to recruit foreign members. little did he know, the FBI gave us some hints about possible kidnappings there as they sent some lads undercover to tail him. since he's managed to gather up at least a few, he'll be holding an orientation at an abandoned chapel at the hills. Jack, there will be higher ground just over 600 meters north east of the chapel so you'll be deploying there and maybe snipe him off if necessary but i may recommend that you plan this out on your own. Field and some lads from the Royal Gibraltar Regiment will stand by if you need help and there will be a jet waiting for the two of you at RAF Northolt, good luck."

after the briefing, Jack returned to his flat, packed up, informed Ms. Tokitani and left for RAF Gibraltar with his commanding officer.

six hours later - Rock of Gibraltar, 699 meters north east of the cult orientation

after landing at RAF Gibraltar, Jack geared up and traveled to his assigned position where he finds his weapons and equipment in a duffel bag. what he got was a covert variant of Accuracy International's Arctic Warfare rifle, some ammunition for both the rifle and his pair of 93R's, an arm terminal and for some reason, an M320 GLM grenade launcher and there were also some rations in case the cult will remain after sunset. he eventually set down the rifle and waited for the cult's recruits to arrive, they eventually did and so the orientation began and it was Jack's chance as he finds Dominguez at the altar, probably preaching what the devil may have taught him from giving out demon babies. once he was able to get a clear shot, he emptied out his lungs, focused but suddenly sneezed, firing a bullet except that it went straight for Dominguez's arm. "shit!" Jack loudly mumbled as he was frustrated, Dominguez unfortunately survived and the cultists made a good guess on where the shot came from. Jack then folded up his covert rifle and brought out the M320 then ran towards the church, the cultists would then take their weapons from a supply crate which contained UMP-45 submachine guns, Remington 870 shotguns, AK-74 assault rifles and USP-45 handguns. once they got out of the church, Jack suddenly flushed them out with the grenade launcher, only Dominguez and most of his men survived as the lieutenant ran to a parked BMW M5 sedan and stole it then drove off. the cult then followed and chased him down the hills in a Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG sedan and an AMG G63 SUV, it felt like a race considering that Jack can probably lose them once he returns to the city even though those bad guys behind him may be heavily armed but there is nothing to worry, Jack was a rallycross racer during his five year break so he may as well put his skills to the test once again. Jack eventually tried as hard as he can at evading the cultists, he drifted past corners, jumped down the hills and yet they're still on to him. what was even worse is that one of the occupants in the C63 happens to have an RPG-7 rocket launcher, meaning that Jack is probably finished or is he? the cultist in the back seat then leaned out of the window and aimed at the BMW, Jack was frightened so he disconnected his seatbelt and prepared to bail out. once the cultist fired the rocket, Jack quickly jumped out literally half a second before the rocket suddenly hit the beamer, launching Jack into a tree and knocking him out into a comatose state as he was too close to the explosion despite the strength he has. the cultists then considered him dead then left without even checking him for pulses. an armored Range Rover would appear out of nowhere and the soldiers then stepped out to extract him, confirming that he is in critical condition. "shit..." Field said as he sighed, hearing of Jack's condition. would this mean the mission has been failed? it shouldn't be. Dominguez is on the run again and Jack just got knocked into a coma, surely there's someone else who can take the lieutenant's place and track the bastard down. Harrison then thought of getting Evan into the operation and so they tried to call his number but all they got was an error saying that the scouser is out of subscriber range, meaning that he may have left the country. they were concerned, Harrison then tried to call the British Embassy in Japan to send men to check if he is home but there was no one at his flat. he was eventually notified that he purchased a plane ticket to Paris where Evan is supposed to look for Miyuki, this doesn't seem good as Harrison thought even after he was told that an envelope with only Evan's name on it was found in the flat. this meant that the scouser could be heading for a trap or so he thought, surely there is something he should do about this...