Chapter 4 - Once Upon A Time in the EU

several hours later - Paris, France

after landing at the airport, Evan tracked the provided coordinates and boarded a cab going to Grand Hotel Des Balcons, presumably Miyuki's last known location. upon his arrival, he came up to the concierge at the lobby and asked about a Japanese couple that stayed there, speaking French is luckily optional considering that Evan is British. the concierge then directed the lad to the room and even gave him an extra key which was for emergency, meaning that Evan didn't need to breach in with a morning star like an absolute idiot. meanwhile at MI6 Headquarters, Harrison suddenly found out that the scouser has been located at the specific hotel in Paris. he is already becoming concerned about Price's personal mission, he eventually brought up his smartphone and called Chief Inspector Andrews via the landline at New Scotland Yard. "Andrews...it's Albert, i might need some help..." Harrison said through the phone. he discussed to the chief inspector regarding what Evan is currently doing and about sending some men to investigate, Andrews then said that he will be assigning DCI Rosewall and DS Ashton who were formerly SCO19 officers until the incident in London when they both took non-lethal shots at the entrance of Jack's flat. yes, they were the armed men who were assigned to protect Miyuki at the time. perhaps they may have revenge or perhaps not but either way, Evan will live through since he is a shadow with a heart corrupted by love and envy. back in Paris, Evan opened the door and searched the room for anything that might lead him to the girl but all he found was a note with the name Matsuo written in kanji, that seemed familiar to him and then realized something. Matsuo Watanabe, it was the name of Miyuki's boyfriend, the lad who's even in the same age as Evan and he was who the scouser always referred to as "Victor Frankenstein with the twist of being a straight up bellend" and not to mention that Evan would sometimes call him "Bellenda Carlisle". little would he even know, Matsuo is just downstairs at the check-in desk, this investigation may not end well if they meet in that very room. meanwhile in New Scotland Yard, Rosewall and Ashton were being briefed by Chief Inspector Andrews. they eventually returned to their flats, packed up and headed off to Heathrow where they will board a small private jet flying to Paris while in MI6, Harrison and Field debated on what to do while Rosewall and Ashton try to get Evan. they eventually came to a decision that Field will have to be the one to track down Dominguez with the help of some of the Royal Marines, giving Harrison some time to take care of Jack while he is still in a coma. back in the hotel, Evan found another set of coordinates on the back of the note, it read "48.07425689999999,7.359825799999953". he then typed it into his smartphone and kept it noted but moments before he could leave, he suddenly found a familiar face outside of the room, it was Matsuo. "...you bastard" Evan mumbled before coming at the poor lad and punching him in the face hard enough to knock him out, this gave enough time for Rosewall and Ashton to catch the scouser in the hotel although that would depend on traffic conditions. several hours later, Matsuo awakened and found himself bound to a chair as Evan sat in front of him, eating a Snickers bar. "M-Mr. Price..." the Japanese lad nervously said. "you can call be Evan...considering that we're both the same bloody age" the scouser said as he finishes off his candy bar with one last bite. "now what would a 'steal yo girl' bellend like you be doing here?" he asked. "a letter...from Miyuki...she said won't have much time" Matsuo answered. "...what...?" Evan mumbled, knowing that he wasn't the only one to be in such a mess. "...i got the same earlier on..." he said in a quiet tone. "then maybe...she must be trying to get us working together..." Matsuo replied. "or maybe she just wants me to beat you in a competition 'cause you're a bellend" Evan responded immaturely. "well whatever she's trying to do to us, this wouldn't even mean that you should continue this hostility!" Matsuo shouted. "i loved her, you arsehole! and /you/ took her away from /me/! and who the bloody hell do you think you're gonna take next? my cat!?" Evan angrily yelled in response, Matsuo is lucky that the scouser can't go berserk from anger. Evan then showed him the note with the coordinates written in the back, "now...these coordinates are pointing to maybe somewhere nearby the German border, if this is gonna be a race then you're on" he said before suddenly sensing Rosewall and Ashton's presence. "Scotland Yard...you can join 'em anytime...if you got the bollocks to beat your monster" Evan said before escaping from the balcony as the two englishmen breach into the room to find Matsuo and untie him, the scouser then set the waypoint to wherever he is needed to go which was a town known as Colmar and the only thing he needs now is a car. it may seem wrong for him to take a parked vehicle without consent since he used to be in his local constabulary back in Lancashire but as he walked through the evening streets of Downtown Paris, he finds what seems to be a pimp walking out of a perfectly modified Renault Clio V6 to abuse his woman once more. this could be an opportunity since the man is abusing a poor innocent woman and so Evan quickly ran for the driver's seat and punished the pimp by driving off in the Clio, giving a middle finger to the cruel and abusive man as he departs for Colmar. "bastard!" the man said, angrily frustrated. meanwhile, Rosewall and Ashton found and untied Matsuo who would eventually tell the two men about where Evan is going and so they hurried to their assigned vehicle which was a black Subaru Forester and drove off with Matsuo at the back seat and from that point on, the chase begins.