Chapter 8 - A Price To Pay

1410 hours - 1500 meters from the Central Shkhara Mountains

minutes following Evan's escape from the undercover cultists, Field, Matsuo, Rosewall and Ashton met up at a temporary British Army outpost. they discussed the progress and crossovers between their missions, trying to assemble the concept of Dominguez's plan involving demons and the rogue members of the United States military. little would they know until a bit later, the plane they expect to see Evan jump from had just exploded midflight and scattered into pieces, raining down on the temporary outpost as Evan deploys his parachute and glided down to the top of the mountain and right on the exact location just where he needs to be. he then took off his chute and armed his MP5, expecting something to happen. meanwhile at the outpost, the four males hid in the tent after avoiding the debris that came from the plane, Field alerted some of the British soldiers to investigate as he tries to contact the local authorities. he then ordered the other soldiers to get to the mountain top and find out if Evan jumped out in time, urging Rosewall, Ashton and Matsuo to come with them. later on, Evan approached what seemed to be a bright glow which would turn out to be Miyuki. "Miyuki...?" Evan whispered as he approached the apparition of light, dropping the MP5 on the ground. "Evan..." a familiar voice came from the light, and then she was suddenly there, Miyuki Kizukinosuke in her angelic form. Evan then embraced her as tears slowly escaped his eyes, "Miyuki...i'm sorry...i loved you even if you left me for someone else..." the scouser said, fight the urge to cry. "no, Evan...it's you who should be forgiven...i was never like the girls you knew...i even started a conflict between you and Matsuo...and now...i'm going back to where i came from..." Miyuki replied as she embraced him in return. "Miyuki..." Evan mumbled. "i'm sorry...but it's true that i don't have much time on this earth...so i wanted you and Matsuo to see me and...make up for what happened..." Miyuki said before letting Evan go. once they released each other, the scouser wiped the tears off his eyes with the sleeves of the traffic police jacket that was given to him by his chief inspector during his last day in the police service. whatever the reason, Miyuki was actually involved. "so it wasn't some race..." Evan said in a quiet tone. "Evan..." Miyuki called out to him. he approached her once again, "there's something i have to give you before i leave..." Miyuki said before kissing the scouser's right cheek and forehead, granting him her memories and divine power. Evan then a felt a rush of divine power flowing into him like a waterfall, giving light into his dark aura despite his eyes remaining the same. once that was over, Matsuo ran up to the two, followed by Rosewall, Ashton and a squad of British soldiers. "Miyuki!" Matsuo called out to the angel as he ran to them. "Matsuo-kun..." Miyuki said in response. "if only i knew..." the Japanese lad replied. "it was to keep you two safe...i didn't want to reveal it to anyone and not even you..." Miyuki explained. "i hope you can forgive me, Matsuo-kun...and maybe forgive Evan...at least for me..." she said before she suddenly rose up from the ground. "Miyuki..." Evan said as he stood up. "my time has withered...goodbye...Evan-kun..." Miyuki bid farewell to Evan in what may have sounded like Kanami's voice. "Kanami...?" he mumbled as the rest of the men suddenly showed up, it was like they were waiting for Miyuki to leave. "Price!" Rosewall called out to him. "...?" as Evan looked at him, he recalled the two SCO19 officers that he once attacked. "...aren't you SCO19?" Evan asked. "well we're CID now thanks to you" Ashton said, backing up Rosewall. "and you were the lad with the 89..." the scouser said in response. "that rifle was my life, you monstrous ponce" Ashton replied. "oi can we at least be peaceful as of this point?" one of the soldiers said, trying to break uo the drama. they eventually brought Evan back to the outpost where Field waited. as all five men sat in the tent later on, Evan pulled out what might a dossier containing details of Dominguez's plan. Field was surprised, and so they decided to warn the Americans about one of their carriers that have become rogue before leaving for RAF Okinawa.

St. Bernard's Hospital, Gibraltar

meanwhile in Saint Bernard's, Jack slowly woke up to who was obviously his aunt Beatrice who flew all the way to see him. "Aunt Betty..?" Jack mumbled. "Jack!" Aunt Betty replied loudly before she approached him. Jack then tried to stand up but Aunt Betty stopped him. "Jack, don't...you just woke up from a coma" she said to him. "how long was i out?" the lieutenant asked. "the doctors said you were knocked out three days ago, mentioning that you had an accident." Aunt Betty answered. "can you at least call my C.O?" Jack asked her nicely. "yes" she answered before getting his smartphone and attempted to call Field but he was out of range. "i'm sorry, Jack but he didn't pick up..." Aunt Betty said. "try Albert Harrison and tell him i'm awake" Jack replied. Aunt Betty then tried calling Harrison and thankfully, he answered. "Jack?" Harrison asked. "Mr. Harrison, this is aunt Beatrice Enfield and i need to inform you that he is awake" Aunt Betty answered, notifying MI6 that Jack Parsons is awake. "thank you for notifying us, Ms. Enfield, you may notify the doctors and we will handle all hospital charges as you both leave" Harrison said before hanging up with a smile to his face, happy that Jack Parsons is back. he then passed the word on to RAF Gibraltar and Commander Field, letting them all know that he is back.