Chapter 5 - Tanyela

“You’ve got to be kidding me. My school?” I questioned, walking faster to keep up with her.

“Yep. Why do you think the fountain was so important?” Ezami replied.

“Wait… The fountain is the Water Entrance? Are the other Entrances at school, too?” I asked, suddenly intrigued I’ve been passing an Entrance every single day while I'm at school.

“No, the locations are scattered around Sacury. Now please, we don’t have time for your questions.” She ordered as I followed her to the fountain, which was outside in the very front of the school.

“Make sure nobody’s watching.” Ezami ordered and I looked around some, scanning different parts of the school and the grounds around it.

“Clear.” I told her.

Ezami walked around the fountain, touching every other tile starting at 'T' in 'Tharney Detlsa.' The tiles lit up a bright yellow, spelling out 'Tanyela.' Then she knelt down and found a latch and pulled on it. The top part of the fountain grew, forming an archway, water pouring over the top.

“Careful. You’re going to get wet.” Ezami told me as she grabbed my arm and ran through the gateway before I could respond.

~~~~~~~~~~

The first thing I saw were the wings. All different sizes, shapes, patterns, and colors, all attached to different faeries. The scenery was breath-taking; the trees were all different colors, ranging in green, yellow, pink, and purple. The sidewalk was a pure white, like Ezami’s wings, and there were fields and fields of flowers, fruits, and vegetables, and even a couple houses dotting the area. I noticed that there were animals, but one’s she never thought existed. Creatures like dragons, unicorns, and pegasuses were around too. The grass was still green, and the sky was still blue, and the sun was still a bright yellow. Overall, it was earth, but prettier and way more magical.

“Wow… this place is amazing! How did this place even come to exist?” I asked Ezami, walking up to a unicorn and petting it.

“You’ll learn that at the Academy. Right now, we should get you to your house.” She told me, waving her arm and signaling me to follow.

“My house? I have a house?” I asked as I stepped away from the beautiful creature.

“Yes, all faeries have a house. Come on, I’ll show you where yours is.” Ezami took the lead as I followed her off of a sparkly white sidewalk to a light-blue road. We walked for a little while until we saw rows and rows of houses line the street.

Way different from Earth’s.

The walls were made of granite, the roofs made of leaves, and the glass made of raindrops. Most were one-story, but a couple were two-story.

Ezami walked up to a one-story house, number three fifty-eight.

“Yours. Hope you enjoy it.” Ezami told me , pointing to the house.

I walked up and opened the leaf-like door. The house was pretty much what I expected; a bed, a small wooden table and two chairs, a desk with drawers, a full decked-out kitchen, which was very important, a bathroom, and a closet.

“Hold on, before you leave, I have one more question.” I told Ezami who turned around looking very, very annoyed. “Will I ever go back to Earth?”

“Of course. Us faeries who have lives on Earth, like you. However, you do have to learn how to fly and be assigned your Magic before you go back. But for now, explore around, meet some new people, and please, don’t get lost.

“Understood. Thanks, Ezami.” Ezami waved and gave me a quick smile before she shut the door behind her, probably so happy to get away from me.

I stood in the middle of the room, getting used to my surroundings. I approached the closet and opened the dark wooden doors, just to find lots of frilly shirts, dresses, and skirts. Flower headbands and jewelry lined the doors, and shoes were at the very bottom.