Chapter 10 - Fights and Family

He looked about my age with slicked-back longish blonde hair with a dark green T-shirt, jeans, and green converse.

“Holy crap, Cylak.” I whispered, knowing my parents were listening to every word. But it really was him, and I had to admit, he was hot as a human.

“Yeah, I know. I had to look casual.” Cylak explained quickly as I felt Mom approach us from behind.

“Who’s this?” Mom demanded, crossing her arms and leaning forward.

“Um…” I started, completely improvising by this point. “His name is-”

“Colton.” Cylak improvisingly smiled, cutting me off. “Colton Tylers.”

“Okay…” Mom trailed off suspiciously, raising a blonde eyebrow.

“Can I go for a walk?” I asked her, trying not to sound suspicious, but by her unchanged expression, I already knew the answer.

“No, Calia, I’d rather you not.” Mom stated, waving me inside.

“Oh, please, Mom! I’ll be with Cy- I mean, Colton, the entire time.” I pleaded, glancing at Cylak.

“Yeah, she’ll be safe. I promise.” Cylak told her, giving her a reassuring smile. Mom hesitated, but nodded. I hugged her and shut the door behind me before she could change her mind.

We started walking to the sidewalk outside my house when I suddenly tripped down the porch stairs. Cylak, having quick reflexes, caught me, one arm around my waist, our eyes meeting for a brief moment.

“You okay?” Cylak asked me, helping me balance. I nodded and turned my head as a familiar figure appeared.

“Calia?” Drake asked suspiciously, walking up to me. He glared at Cylak, who was now standing right next to me. “Who’s this?” He pointed at Cylak, and had a jealous tone.

“This is Colton.” I replied innocently, waving my hands in front of me spastically, because I knew where he was going with this. “He’s just a friend.”

“Just a friend!?” Drake yelled intensely, obviously getting the wrong idea. Cylak stepped in front of him.

“Yes, now would you please move it? We got plans.” Cylak demanded bravely, and I froze, waiting for Drake’s response.

“Plans? Oh yeah, I’ll show you plans.” Drake laughed as he threw his fist at Cylak. Cylak caught him by the wrist and twisted his arm, which made Drake yelp like a puppy. Drake, not giving up, used his leg to injure Cylak by thrusting it to the back of his knee, and I heard a cracking sound as he him down to the ground. Cylak threw his fist at Drake, where it successfully connected with his face. Spots of blood started to form around his nose and mouth, while Cylak had blood on his fists.

“Drake! Colton! Stop it!” I cried helplessly, trying to break up the fight.

“You think you can take my girl away from me?” Drake yelled, wiping the blood from his face.

“Dude.” Cylak laughed, wiping the blood from his fists. “She was never yours, and you know that.” This followed by Drake jabbing his knee successfully into Cylak’s ribs. The whole fighting thing was too much for me. Watching the two people I loved- wait, love? I love them? I did, I couldn’t question myself. I watched the two guys I loved fight it out, probably to the death if they could kill each other.

“Drake! Colton!” I cried as Cylak whipped his arm to the back of Drake’s neck. I was sobbing immensely, but neither noticed, so it didn’t matter. This has gone too far.

I tried to get in between them, but the fighting was getting pretty brutal. When I saw my chance, I tried to spread my arms out to where one arm was next to Drake and the other next to Cylak. But before I put my plan into action, Drake stepped up and smashed his fist right into the left side of my face. The blow knocked me to the ground, and the fighting stopped fast.