Chapter 7 - Feelings and Getting Lost

I rushed back into my house and changed into a sleeveless green top and my jeans, purple converse, and placed the necklace around my neck. I straightened out my wings, and dashed outside onto the front yard. I felt the muscles in my spine. They were there, but they’re hard to move.

But I was not a quitter.

I concentrated, and my wings began to flap. Not fast, not enough to get me off the ground, but it was progress. I was going to try whatever I could to vibrate them and get me off the ground.

They moved faster.

I began walking down the street, hoping that if I could jump, I’d stay in the air. The wings began to flap harder. I ran at a dead sprint. Soon I was convinced the wings were moving fast enough, and all I had to do was jump.

“Please don’t fail on me now.” I pleaded and just like that, I leaped into the air, and prepared for the worst.

But I didn’t fall back down.

Even though I was completely freaking out, even though this was new, even though I could die by falling at any moment…

It was all worth it for Drake.

I couldn’t control height or speed yet. I kept my eyes on the ground as I just kept ascending higher and higher. But then I realized I also didn’t have an escape route down. I breathed slowly, trying to figure out a calm way down, but none were coming to mind.

I felt the wind shift, and noticed a figure right next to me. “Enjoying the view?” Cylak asked as I flew higher.

“I can’t get down!” I screamed at him, trying to slow down, but I was afraid to fall. Soon Cylak was right above me and pinched one of my wings. It immediately stopped moving, and I began to plummet back down. I began screaming, but soon Cylak was under me, and he caught me right there.

I didn’t know if the sun just caught his face the right way, but when I knew I was safe, my eyes fell on Cylak, his blonde hair blowing in his face. It was the hottest moment I’ve ever seen of him, and I really did have feelings for him. Cylak flew to the ground, and then my feet were on the ground, and I’ve never been more relieved in my life.

“I knew you were going to pull something stupid.” Cylak laughed. I dropped to my knees, unable to breath, and looked back to the terrifying sky.

“What, is that your Magic? Knowing when somebody’s going to pull something stupid?” My breath gasped out of me. I actually didn’t know what his Magic was.

“Actually, it’s Strength. I can pick up virtually anything.” He changed the subject before I could respond. “Now, please… promise me you won’t go off flying off to random places again. Not until you learn control of the wings.”

“But I need to-”

“I know, and I get that, but you’re going to get hurt. Just trust me.” He cut me off, but helped me stand. He walked me up to my front door, and suddenly his lips were on my cheek, so soft and so briefly I almost missed it.

And I knew Cylak had feelings for me, too.

“Do you want to have dinner here? I’ll cook.” I offered him, but he shook his head.

“I’d love to, but you don’t have to cook. I know a really good place Downtown.” Cylak offered me. How could I refuse?

“Sure, just let me go change.” I told him as I rushed inside and opened my closet, trying to find the prettiest thing to wear. I picked out what I thought was appropriate; a dark blue sleeveless dress with strappy blue wedges. A sparkly violet headband finished off the outfit. I looked myself over, and I thought blue and purple go well together.