Chapter 8 - Getting Found and The Flying Test

I sat up the next morning when I saw the sun blazing down in my eyes. I could at least see clearly now, but I still didn’t know where I was. I flipped open the necklace.

“Show me Cylak.” I told the necklace sleepily, yawning widely. The image showed up as Cylak in a bed, covers over him, sleeping perfectly. “He gave up.” I whined as I snapped it shut. If he never came, I could be lost forever. I was probably over exaggerating, but I couldn’t help it. I walked on for a while until I saw a chatting couple walking by, and they didn’t have any wings.

“Hey, excuse me!” I called as I ran up to the couple. They stopped chatting and faced me, confused expressions on their faces. “Hi, I’m Calia, I’m new here, and I don't have the slightest clue where I am. Do you know where Lufrewop’s Academy is?” I asked quickly.

The couple looked so oddly at me. It made me have an uncomfortable feeling that I couldn’t shake. “We go to Talamaki’s Academy. You’re in Wingless Territory.” The couple said as they quickly walked off.

I stood there, unable to move. Wingless Territory? I. Was. Screwed.

I gave up waiting and walked in a random direction in the road, hoping it was the way to my Academy. I kept walking until I ended up in a field full of brightly colored flowers with endless miles of it, and no sign of any buildings or roads or anything was in sight. “What the hell?” I asked as I flipped the necklace open.  “Show me Cylak.” I ordered the necklace. It showed him with a necklace open as well, staring into it. “Where are you!?” I asked the necklace, knowing that he must be watching me.

“Downtown! Where are you!?” He asked back, hand on his forehead. “Do you know how long I’ve been looking for you?”

“Do you know it’s not nice to ditch someone who’s new to Tanyela and has no idea where they're going!? I don’t know where I am! I’m in a flower field somewhere!” I rotated the necklace to give Cylak a good view of the area.

“I know where that is. Stay right there.” He snapped his necklace shut and flew at a tremendous amount of speed. I flipped my necklace shut, sitting down and clasping my arms around my knees. I waited for about ten minutes when a familiar, light-blue blur came into view.

“Cylak!” I screamed and stood up so Cylak could hear me. As soon as he saw me, he swooped down to the ground, almost knocking me over, but wrapped his arms around me just before I did.

“Where the hell did you go last night? Did you know how worried I was?” Cylak cried softly to me, and I felt really crappy about getting lost.

“You flew ahead of me! You didn’t wait! I got lost… so I camped out.” I replied, but he was still holding onto me.

“You don’t look like you camped out. You look like you got hit by a train. That’s pretty impressive, considering there are no trains in Tanyela.” He laughed nervously, backing away and giving me room to breathe.

He was right. My usually soft, shiny brown hair was all frizzy and knotted, my clothes desperately needed to be washed, and I could feel the miserable dark circle under my eyes, which were hurt and probably red.

“Cylak, take me home. I’m sleeping the whole day.” I whined like I was a two year old.

“Actually, you have classes today, and you can’t miss them, so…” He started, but I collapsed to the ground before he could finish. “Get up. Seriously.” Cylak ordered, but I didn’t budge. I really didn’t want to. I’m guessing Cylak gave up, because I felt him pick me up, my head laying against his hard chest. I felt the wind flying through me, and we flew to the Academy, and I never opened my eyes. When I did finally open my eyes, I was in first period.