Chapter 6 - Things Go Wrong

“Invasion! Invasion!” Random faeries were screaming everywhere. Guards came from all directions, most surrounding the Queen, and bringing her into the back room. Cylak grasped my hand tight and we also ran into the room, because we had nowhere else to go, and I was freaking out.

“Sorry, your Highness.” Cylak explained quickly. “There wasn’t enough time to-”

“I understand. I try to save as many faeries as I can.” The Queen said, and turned to her commanding officer. “Who’s attacking us? This doesn’t make sense!”

“Um, actually…” The officer nervously started. “The Wingless.”

The door started shaking rapidly by Wingless forces on the other side. The Queen had backed up to the very back of the room, all her guards in front of her. Cylak and I were up against the left wall, but I was shocked at the invasion coincidently happened on the day I came, and there were more guards then the other two.

“By the order of King Talamaki, we command you to open this door!” A deep voice on the other side shouted.

“Talamaki!” The Queen gasped, clapping twice. “Guards, at ease. He won’t hurt anyone. Vinnagon, open it.”

“Who’s Talamaki?” I whispered to Cylak, his arm was in front of me and holding me against the wall, making me un able to move. “Is he powerful?” I tried to shake his arm, but I couldn’t.

“Not really. He doesn’t really have the courage to hurt anyone. How he got this far is unclear, but… he hasn’t shown up in a while, actually.” Cylak answered, loosening his grip slightly.

The guards were reluctant, but eased their weapons. Vinnagon slowly opened the door, but everyone had their weapons close. Bursting in was a man, little younger than the Queen, maybe mid thirties, with medium length dark brown hair and blood-red eyes. He was wearing a solid red shoulder-sleeved shirt and long black pants and red-leaf shoes. From all that I saw, he was the stereotype of evil.

“We are,” Talamaki started, his deep and crazy voice ringing through my ears. “Sick and tired of your flyers thinking you can do whatever the hell they want. Your people can’t just come into my people’s territory and fly high into the treetops and steal our food. My people are starving because of your ability of high flight! I also have the permission to shoot and kill whatever Winged try to raid our food. We have our own ways of getting to food in high places, you know.” He informed, but all in all angry. “Just back the hell away!”

“I’m sure you can. I’m also sure my people didn’t mean to steal your food supply, either.” The Queen replied soothingly, trying to reason with him.

“You know, our people have been quite peaceful with yours, but I think that’s all about to change. I won’t sit around and watch my people suffer a famine." Talamaki stated, taking one glance around the room, and his cold eyes fell onto me, and a small smile slipped onto his face. "Oh, look who you found! Didn't think I'd ever see her again."

"Shut up, Tal!" The Queen screamed, and the guards started to approach him.