Chapter One: He Helped Me.

I believe I was Ten when the master had found me. I was alone, scared and tired. No one would help me, no one would take their time to even look at me, and everyone I had walked past pushed and shoved their way around me like I was dirt.

'Dorei.' Some would hiss. 'Don't let me catch your disgusting hands on me again you filthy dorie' They whispered. I was ignored, invisible. Surrounded by darkness as I made my way down the cold streets of Tokyo.

I had nowhere to go, and living on the road was my life from what I can remember. If I was truthful, I was quite young and I don't remember the events that had taken place before I had got here.

The wind blew harshly as the rain drenched my entire body from my long black hair down to my toes, I dragged my feet across the concrete past an old television store with a few kids holding their umbrellas, watching in awe as their eyes were glued to a new cartoon that had just aired that day.

Excitement was flowing from their faces as they ran towards their parents, begging them to catch it on Tv when they had returned to their homes.

'Home'

I thought, something I might not ever experience and yet, I had hope. Staring off into the distant space with a vacant expression, I was experiencing for the first time, in what seemed like forever was a whole new feeling, like some sort of void.

The deep heart wrenching pain of my past. Amongst the deep foreboding mist of my memory I glimpsed a scene which almost stopped my lonely heart.

There before me, were the faint silhouettes of a young man and woman both in their prime walking hand in hand among rolling hills of mist. The man had sharp features whilst the woman was somewhat angelic in her appearance.

I soon recognized that the woman was my mother but the man was too blurred a vision to be quite distinguished. He was tall with handsome features, was well cut and fit. He had a way about him that was full of self-confidence and pride as he walked.

They finally came to a stop by what seemed to be a river as my mother was able to see their reflection, the man stooped to gently kiss her once naïve self. I was rudely slapped back into reality as a dark blur blew past me, picking up a puddle with it causing me to shake violently in the cold wind as it washed over me.

I sighed, maybe my parents left me here,  I don't really know. I couldn't say. All that I knew was I'm here, and they're not. This gave me some sort of comfort as I thought to myself that they might be coming for me soon.

I dragged my sore feet to the little alley that carried the food bins, digging in there for wrapped up leftovers, hoping that I could find something decent to eat.

It had been so long.

"I have never been this insulted in my life! You tell that man to get his shit together or I'll..."

There was a strong pause.

"what was that?"

Before these men had come barging out of the building, I had tried to tip toe my way around the alley corner, it was obvious, I was spotted. I turned slowly only to see the men staring back at me.

"A little girl?" The other one stated.

He was different to all the men I had seen, with moon kissed hair and sharp eyes, a strong posture that matches his voice as he exchanged looks with his dark haired friend and even he himself looked at me with complete curiosity.

I looked down at my feet avoiding his dark eyes; they pierced through my soul some how. I kept looking up to see if he was looking at me, only to be met with baffled expressions.

The dark haired man walked towards me; his white suits now completely soaked with rain as he gazed down on me with no emotion. I stepped back only for his arm to catch me, pulling me closer towards him. He fell to his knees, almost as if he was squatting staring up at me as I tried my best to find something else to look at.

"Child, what is your name?"

"Let us go Kazuya, the rain won't be stopping any time soon."

"Give me a moment Lee" he replied softly

'Kazuya...' I repeated, such a masculine name, but it's so familiar, where have I heard it from? I was a little lost in my thoughts until Mr. Kazuya cleared his throat, I twiddled my thumbs trying my best to come up with a lie, but my brain protested against it.

"Jade, Jade Cotorie." I answered

"Well Jade, why are you out here on your own? School finishes at three and I bet you're parents-

"I have no...I'm on my own."

A very heavy lump was caught in my throat as I tried my best to answer the man. However nothing came out of the stupid little mouth of mine. The bag I was clutching earlier must've hit across his knee as he looked down in disgust, an almost rotten bag full of remnants of old food. He looked at me again this time with sympathy.

"lee, ready the car."

Guilt rushed through me as I had just drove off the only people that were kind enough to talk to me. I cursed myself mentally as the two men quick walked into a big black limo, I turned around hanging my head in shame waiting to hear the car doors slam.

Today was the worst day of my life.

"Jade? Where are you going?"

What? I spun around only to be greeted with a warm smile and kind welcoming eyes.

"Here. I was getting the seats ready for you, I have one of those heated seat limos, it's convenient for this type of weather."

Mr. Kazuya had lended me his suit blazer wrapping it around my body gently, and with care, almost as if he was being careful not to hurt me. He led me towards his limo and sat me opposite Mr. Lee, I tried my best not to touch him as the limo began to cruise on the road.

"Here Jade, have a sweet."

My eyes lit up, as I rudely snatched it out of Lee's palms and began suckling on the hard candy piece.

My eye's rolled to the back of my head as I slumped back within the heated seat's, memories played within my mind as I remembered father. He used to bring big bag of sweets and chocolates when the 'meetings went well.'

My father used to say how he would make other companies work for him, I didn't know what that ment, I didn't know what my parents did. He used to hide them behind his back and say:

'Jade, I have a proposal, what do you say to 30% of the profit we earn and we get to keep 80% because it is cheaper and the cost is affordable.'

It used to make mother laugh, only she knew what father was on about and it brought a smile on my face, mother said it was what daddy argued in meetings, he would get more than the other companies in the whole of Japan. Both men chuckled at my rude act and look at me sweetly, the limo came to a halt and kazuya looked out the windows.

"We are here."

My brows knitted together, here where? I thought. The limo doors opened slowly revealing a house bigger than anything I'd ever seen. Kazuya smiled brightly as he stepped out of the limo to give me a hand.

"You gonna pick that up Jade?"

I scanned the ground with confusion plastered on my face.

"Pick up what Mr. Kazuya?"

"Your bottom jaw."

I slapped my jaw shut, blushing brightly as Mr. Kazuya chuckled lightly.

"KAZUYA? I'm going to head home I'll call you when I get back."

"Sure thing Lee." He waved.

"Good bye you two!"

I too waved as the black limo sped off into the distance then out of sight, I sighed. 'What a day!' I thought, it has already gotten better for me, I don't know what Mr. Kazuya has planned, but I hope that it's better than living on the streets. The only thing that I'm going to miss, is telling the Blood Talon that I have a good place to stay now, even if it is for one night. I wonder what he is doing...