Chapter 2: The Dreams

Back on the road! That was refreshing (sort of). So I'm probably going to continue now. Where was I again? Oh yeah! Moving didn't affect my everyday life. It affected something else.

I started having weird dreams. At first, I couldn't even remember them, sometimes I would forget they were just dreams, that they weren't real. The dreams themselves weren't weird, they were oddly familiar instead, as if they already happened and I'm just remembering. Maybe that's why I found them weird. Or was it because it was the same dream that continued night after night. Perhaps it was both.

It all started a week after I started living here. Nothing special happened that day. I still remember the first time she appeared. She looked small and fragile but more importantly she looked precious, just like a pearl. She was three then. I recall our first conversation perfectly:

"Hey! You're new here, right?" she said calmly with a kind smile on her face as I nodded in response."Great let's be friends. I'm Harmony". I gave her my name in response and we started chatting, playing tag, messing around. I felt young. I was a kid again, at least I felt so.

For the entire week, I would go to sleep to play with three years old Harmony. I was expecting for things to stay the same the week after but to my surprise Harmony who grew up overnight seemed four years old instead. What surprised me more was her response when I asked her:

"Haha! Acting as if you forgot. You were with me when I celebrated my birthday, silly!" she said as I was trying to figure out what was the point behind her sarcastic laugh.

"Did you like the doll I got you?" I asked her wondering myself how I knew about it.

"Yes, she's so cute. I love her!" She answered my question as her lips drew a huge smile on her face that showed just how much the subject alone made her happy. It's like she's happier that I'm the one who brought up the subject instead of being happy about the subject itself.

"I'm glad! The cake was delicious" I kept talking which seemed to make her happy as her smile grew wider and wider by the word. I love her smile so much that I can never seem to get enough from seeing it!

And we kept talking about her birthday. Turns out, I did remember her birthday (don't know how though). We kept playing around and chat every night for the rest of the week.

As time passed by, I would enjoy those dreams more and more. I would sleep earlier just so I could see her longer. She would ask me things about my day, if something was annoying me and stuff like that. I was touched by how much she cared. I'm the type to suck it up and fake a smile just to make sure no one is worried about me. It was the first time someone actually asked. At first I would change the subject. The last thing I wanted was to worry her. She was so cute and innocent and always smiling. I didn't want to ruin that. But when she noticed what I was doing her smile faded away so fast it actually pained me. And so I soon cracked and started telling her everything that's on my mind.

Every morning, I would replay the dream in my head While sitting on the bed. I just loved her smile so much I wouldn't mind remembering it all day long. I would remember everything we did, played, said vividly. Anything related to her was burnt in my memory except the place. I had no idea about our whereabouts. No clue! Maybe the place itself didn't matter or was it merely plainly forgotten?

Things were peaceful, too peaceful to be true. Week after week, she would grow a year. I was fine with that as I got used to it after a while. After all it was just a dream. I was quiet happy with how things were as questions started rising: Who is she? Do I really know her? Why was she so kind to me? One thing for sure: she had something to do with my past. I don't know if it was my own belief or just a conclusion I jumped to but I never gave it much thought. Maybe it was just a hunch.

Oh! An announcement! Please don't tell me they are going through technical difficulties.

AN: Here's the next chapter! hope you enjoyed it. Still trying to write longer chapters maybe the next one will be longer. So what do you think is going to happen? Who do you think Harmony is? And is she related to his past? Does the place matter? Give me your opinion in the comment box or just send me a private message if you're shy ^U^.

TALK TO ME PEOPLE!