Epilogue

The next day, I did what I usually do every Saturday: visit my adoptive parents, in other words Harmony's grandparents. But I didn't know how to face them. They have been lying to me for twenty years. But it was to protect me. There's no way a seven years old kid can handle such truth, there's a reason why I forgot all of this after all.

But it wasn't just about the lie. I was the reason their daughter and granddaughter died. If only I didn't freeze then like a statue then maybe, just maybe they would still be here, both of them.

But what I don't understand is why would they want anything to do with me after everything I had done. How can I face them, look them in the eye knowing the pain I caused them.

It must have been hard on them: remembering their loss every time they look at me. But why? Why adopt me after everything I did? Why adopt me after all the pain I caused?

I had questions that needed answers.

Once I was in front of the house, I was reluctant to knock. How was I supposed to face them? Should I pretend I don't remember anything? Should I be mad at them for lying to me? Did I have the right to? Should I feel guilty? Should I just disappear from their lives?

After gathering every bit of courage I had inside of me I knocked on the door. Twenty seconds of courage was all it takes I tried to remind myself but the twenty seconds faded faster than I thought!

I can still leave now! It's not too late!

WRONG! It was too late because the door was opening a little as I heard my father's voice, my adoptive father, my real one. "We've missed you, son!"

The second I saw him with mom standing next to him, I couldn't help it. I ran and hugged them, choking back the tears. "I'm sorry! I'm so, so sorry! I remember now! I remember everything! Harmony, and her mom, and mine, and him. I'm sorry. It's all my fault! If only I did something! Then, then maybe they would still be here."

At first they were shocked, but they soon realized what was happening and held me closer.

"And what could you have done? Huh? You were seven for god's sake!" Dad said

"At least you were able to make it out alive" Mom added.

"But why did you adopt me who would constantly remind you of your loss?" I asked guilt all over my face.

"You needed someone who knew what had happened, who knew about 'the accident' and could relate to you. You needed us. Just like we needed you!" Mom answered.

"Plus, if Harmony was willing to die saving you, then you must be worth it we thought at the time." My dad paused before adding to his sentence " We still think so."

"Was I?" Was I really? Was I the son they needed? Or was I simply a disappointment?

"We never doubted it! You have always been worth it! We love you as much as we love Harmony and our daughter!" Mom replied hurriedly as if the faster she'll say it the more efficient it will be.

"Now listen don't you blame yourself, son. You are a victim in all of this, not the culprit!" My dad added to shake off any possible feeling of guilt.

They're words warmed my heart. They love me, they do! I was not a burden! Maybe, just maybe, it wasn't fault in the end.

"Now I think you should go visit that guy!" Mom said randomly.

"Yeah! You should talk it out." Dad suggested "He owes you an explanation. I'm not asking you to forgive him. He doesn't deserve it!" He added angrily.

"But everybody makes mistakes, and his life wasn't easy after all he just hit rock bottom forgetting who he decided to be. He forgot he wanted to change. Everybody deserves a second chance sweetheart!" Mom added. She was always the forgiving wise type.

I guess that would explain why I'm stuck here. They finally fixed whatever technical issues they were dealing with and the train was back on track. I'm going to jail to visit him. He might not have made the best decision but he had the right to meet his son after all these years I guess. But I'm not so sure about forgiving him just yet.

Why the hell was jail this far away for god's sake! I've been waiting for hours.

After a few more minutes of complaining to no one really, I finally got there. I walked here and there and riding the bus as well from one station to another but I'm here now!

I asked to visit my dad and they led me to a room where there was a glass separating it from the room in front of it. What a lovely cozy place! This really feels like home with the gray everything.

Such a depressing place!

An officer was walking in the other room with a prisoner that I'm guessing is my father after twenty years.

"You finally got a visit after twenty years, old man" The officer told him.

"Who?" My supposedly father asked coldly.

"he claims to be your son." The officer replied.

"I don't have a son!" He stated while entering the visiting room.

"Am I forgotten as well, father?" I asked as his eyes fell on me reflecting confusion and shock before swelling up as tears rolled down his face.

I might end up forgiving him. Everybody makes mistakes right? I'm not perfect either. After all I'm not on top of the world but hey! I'm on my way.

The end!

AN: And that was how the story ends. That's why he was on the road (if you forgot ;p). Well I hope you enjoyed the story. Sorry I couldn't help myself. I needed to add that Charlie Brown reference if you don't know the song then you should check it out.

If you noticed I have been dedicating the last few chapters to people who encouraged me to write this story so the epilogue is dedicated to... @you ;) Yes you! You who is reading my story and voting and commenting giving me your time makes me the happiest person on earth. So thank you for reading! I hope this story was the reason why you were looking down on your phone while smiling then walk into a pole. Just kidding (unless you're a hater -.- ;p)

So What did you think about my story? Did you like it? Were you able to guess the ending? Did you like the ending? Tell me in the comment box below. And as always:

TALK TO ME PEOPLE!

P.S: If you guys want to, I'll write the parents' story and tell you guys more about the criminal's dark history. But I will only do so if You guys ask me to. ^u^