The Morning

Lauren woke up the following morning and checked the clock.

5:45am.

She didn't have work today, but her body naturally woke up at this time now. She grumbled and shut her eyes, trying to fall back to sleep. She vaguely remembered something happening the night before that forced her eyes open.

She couldn't decipher if it was a dream or had been reality but she remembered her hot neighbor stumbling into her apartment and falling asleep on her couch.

She sat up in her bed when she noticed the lamp by her bed was overturned. She rubbed the sleep away from her eyes and pulled off the blankets.

Walking out of her bedroom she saw the girl. She was still sleeping on the couch but her arm was over her eyes, shielding them from the sunlight that shown into the room.

Her eyes were instantly drawn to the large puddle of vomit lying next to the couch. It was already almost complete dried up.

Lauren knew she would have to clean it up eventually, and rather than waiting for the other girl to wake up, she decided to do it now. She didn't want the girl to feel bad for anything because Lauren knew it was an accident.

She walked across the small living room and into the kitchen to grab some wet paper towels. Returning to the living room and bending down next to the couch, she began to clean up the stranger's vomit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Camila didn't even have to open her eyes to realize she was hung over.

Again.

Her head was pounding nonstop and even though her eyes were closed, the morning sunlight was an strong annoyance.

She slowly stretched out her legs, then her arms. She slowly opened her eyes and was shook to see that she wasn't in her apartment. She immediately thought she had hooked up with another guy and had accidentally fallen asleep at his house.

She slowly turned her head and was met with a pair of gentle green eyes. Camila was even more confused when she realized the girl looked just as startled as she felt. Had she actually hooked up with a woman?

No. Camila would never.

Seeing the confusion on the girl's face, Lauren quickly spoke.
"You don't need to apologize. I know it was an accident."

Even more confused, Camila glanced down seeing the girl with the green eyes dabbing the floor with wet paper towels. Camila smelled vomit and tasted it on her tongue.

Camila tried reasoning with herself on why she was in this girl's apartment. She knew she had seen her around but she wasn't sure where.

Then she remembered.

Heelooo. I'm getting so many good ideas on where to go with this. Feedback is greatly appreciated. There's a snowday today which is why I figured I would try to actually write something.

How are you guys today?