Conversations Over Dinner

Once Camila dried off she got dressed. The clothes that the other girl had picked out for her were a bit big on her.

She didn't mind.

They smelled nice. Occasionally some guys she hooked up with would give her a sweatshirt or a shirt to wear, but they almost always smelled like cigarette smoke or stale alcohol. The girl's smelled very pleasant. A mixture of fabric softener and a subtle perfume.

Camila heard the door open and figured it must be the Chinese food being delivered.

Camila walked out of the bathroom and was greeted a the delicious smell. She hadn't had Chinese food in so long. She looked over at the table where she saw the girl bending over the table, setting a paper plate for the chair opposite her.

Camila couldn't help but notice that she had an amazing figure. Quickly shaking the thoughts from her head, she made her presence known.
"I really appreciate all of this. I don't know where I would be right now if you kicked me out."

"It's really not a problem. I was getting lonely being all alone anyway." Lauren had moved to LA about six months ago because her job had transferred her. The rest of her family and friends were still in Miami.

Lauren turned around and her eyes immediately widened at the sight of the other girl. Her hair was still wet and the oversized clothes looked incredibly good on her. Lauren knew she was about as straight as The Leaning Tower of Pisa, but some girls really made her feel extra gay. The stranger happened to be one of them, especially while she was wearing Lauren's clothes.

Lauren pulled out the other chair and motioned for her guest to sit.

Camila shyly walked over and sat down, nodding in thanks. The honest truth was, Camila was very shy when she wasn't drunk out of her mind.

Lauren motioned for the girl to help herself. "So, I don't think I've actually introduced myself." Lauren was anxious to find out the beautiful girl's name and figured this would be the simplest and easiest way. "I'm Lauren Jauregui."

The girl looked up at Lauren, her soft brown eyes staring into Lauren's green ones.

"Camila Cabello," she said with a tone of finality.

Well, Lauren had gotten her name, but she didn't exactly start a riveting conversation. She didn't exactly know what to talk about. She didn't want to ask about anything that may lead to bad territory, but she decided to dive in.

"Why did you get kicked out, Camila?"

Camila's head began to race. She racked her memory to try and formulate a lie, but she came out empty handed. She figured the truth would be the only option. Lauren had already done so much, she deserved to know the truth.

"Well, I simply could not pay my rent," she said truthfully, a wave of guilt washed over her. She hung her head low.

Lauren felt a ping of sadness in seeing the girl so defeated.
"Do you have a job? Or family? Or friends? Couldn't they help you out?" Lauren regretted asking it the second it came out of her mouth. She saw Camila shake her head ever so slightly.

"I had a job but I got fired for never showing up. My friends and family all disowned me when I gambled all their money away. My father said he never wanted to talk to me again after I sent them into debt. I didn't mean to. I really didn't. It's just, ever night I go to the casino and I drink and gamble and go home with disgusting men and no money. It's a continuous cycle. Now I have no home and no money and no one. Any friend I used to have distanced themselves from me after I started going downhill."

"Well, I know you don't know any more of me than my name, but you can stay here until you get yourself together."

Camila perked her head up as Lauren finished her sentence.
"Everything in my body is telling me to decline. I feel awful just barging in and living in your house. I feel disgusting and disrespectful and just play disappointed in myself. But, I also have a very hard time refusing because I don't know where I would go. Really, I'm torn."

"No, no, please it's no trouble at all. Really. It might actually be fun. I've never had a roommate before and I can see us really becoming good friends. I've been very lonely recently. I'm practically begging you to stay," Lauren said with a small laugh.

Camila looked up and grinned shyly.
"You're very hard not to like. I already enjoy your company."

"So, are you accepting my offer? Will you stay with me for a little while?"

"Sure, Lauren. I'm everlastingly grateful."

Lauren got instantly happy. A girl with the looks of Camila was going to be living with her. The only problem was that she was straight. She had mentioned going home with men and men only. Not good.

Lauren decided to not let that ruin the happiness. She was going to have a roommate. A friend.

"Hey, hey, Camila I have an idea. How about once we finish dinner we play 20 questions! That way we can learn about each other!" Lauren said, almost a little too excitedly.

Camila gave a shy but cute smile and answered quietly, "okay. Sounds like fun."

Camila brought the sleeve of the hoodie up to her face, pretending to scratch her nose, but she secretly inhaled deeply.

She really loved the smell of Lauren's sweatshirt. She wondered if Lauren herself smelled like that.

Shaking the thought from her head, she returned to finishing her food.

HEELOOOO!
Guys I'm actually getting pretty hyped about this story. Comment and tell me what you think. Tell me what you like or don't like or if you have any suggestions. Thank youu! ;)

How are you today?