Work

Lauren's alarm went off at 5:45.

She shut it off quickly, not wanting to wake Camila so early. She had to work today. Getting up and quickly dressing, she tiptoed out of her room and into the bathroom.

She had told Camila she had to go back to the office and given her her cell phone number so she could call from the house phone if necessary. She had showed her were all the food was and how to work the tv.

Lauren worked from 7-3 and didn't want Camila to get lonely or bored. She felt as if Camila was her pet.

She smiled at the thought. She liked Camila much more than any pet she'd ever had.

Pouring herself a bowl of cereal, she felt a pair of warm arms wrap around her waist.
"Good morning, beautiful."

She was answered with a muffled "morning."
"Would you like any cereal, baby?" Lauren asked, trying out the affectionate name.

She felt Camila shake her head before she felt the pair of lips gently kiss the crook of her neck.

She turned around to face Camila and was met with a pair of only slightly open eyes.
"Cams, why did you wake up?"

"I wanted to see you before you left," she said while rubbing her eyes.

"I'll miss you, Camz, but I'll be back shortly. You remember everything I told you?"

She nodded before being pulled into a hug. Lauren could smell her shampoo, and even though they used the same thing, it was somehow uniquely Camila.

She picked Camila up, ushering her legs to wrap around her waist, keeping her face buried in Camila's neck. She carried her to the bedroom, gently setting her down on the bed, covering her, and standing back up.

"Sleep a little longer, Camz," she said as she ran her fingers down her face, taking in the beauty.

"I've gotta go. I'll see you in a few hours," she said before bending down and placing a small kiss on Camila's lips.

~~~~~
It had only been three hours and Lauren already missed Camila.

She hadn't experienced a day without her since she met her. She had grown attached and very fond of the girl, so when ten o'clock rolled around, she decided to give Camila a call.

Dialing her house phone number, she hoped Camila would be awake. She felt a smile spread across her face when she heard Camila answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey Camz!" Lauren sounded a bit too excited.

"I've missed you so much. I'm glad you called." Camila could practically hear the smile on Lauren's face, which caused her to smile.

"I've missed you too. What have you been doing?"

After learning the contents of each other's days, Lauren had to get back to work.

"Alright, I'll talk to you later, Lo." Camila was sad that Lauren had to go again, but she knew she had to work.

Camila really wanted a drink. She debated whether or not to have a glass. She knew that Lauren would be disappointed if she found out, and decided against it for the day. She settled on some iced tea.

~~~~~
After a long boring day, Lauren finally got to return home to Camila.

She had been anticipating seeing her all day, and she couldn't wait. Unlocking the door to her apartment, she got a rush of excitement.

When she entered the apartment she saw Camila sitting at the table, looking through the song books they bought. She seemed to be mouthing the lyrics to a song.