Burden

The road that I have chosen to follow, you choose to throw stones at me as I stumble along this road
I crumble under the pressure of the weight that is being laid on my shoulders
For all my life I have been a victim to your choice
I choose too start to push back my hair to look up at the sun up ahead.
My muscles are weak, but my will is starting to grow even though you constantly throw adversity in my path.
I’m trembling with the fatigue that I have to use to push myself forward.
I have seen nothing but darkness surround my eyes as you have blocked my way and blinded me from the rays of the sun.
I have trembled under the weight that has been placed upon my shoulders as I have accepted the choices that you have put in my path. This route that I have travelled was not my choice or my doing but I willingly went to with your flow.

I was too weak not to follow, now I have decided that this must change. With pain in my muscles and joints I try to stand but stumble repeatedly back to the ground. With waves that you send crashing upon me I cannot but succumb to each tide. Each time I stand a little bit quicker and each time I fall little bit less quickly. This is what you fear the most that I will start to build my will and each attempt I will rise faster.

Each knock builds sinews of my bones and each time I stand my muscles grow each time that the pain inflicts my body my threshold for pain grows. This is what you fear most as my wings are starting to grow. My feathers that you clip at every attempt, grow back slightly stronger each time. Each time they are made of stronger material and are able to take more damage. My muscles strain with the bindings that you have bound to me. Each attempt makes my muscles grow stronger. Then comes the day when my wings fully intact break from my bindings in glorious outburst.

Written Feb 03, 2015