Prologue

I am Maren Tamaki Mikage. My mother is Melody Mikage. And my father is the dangerous Tomoe the yōkai familiar. My mother is the land god and my father still serves as her familiar. My little brother, Toshin, is in line to become a familiar. While my older half-sister, Miracle, is supposed to become a god. With Toshin as her familiar. My other little brother, Dallas, is also training to become a familiar. While I am training to become the strongest person in the world. I almost killed a kid in eighth grade because he insulted my mother, my uncle, and my older sister. Then my parents had no choice, but to homeschool me. After school they would teach me how to fight and become swift. My mother trains me on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. My father trains me on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, while Sundays are days for me to train with Mizuki. My parents don't care how injured I get while training, as long as I learn how to become a stronger person. That's all they care about.

"Now, Maren, time to see how much you've learned. Come and attack me." Dad says and my assassin hands appeared and I ran at him and he dodged as he moved to the side. I then ran at him again and jumped in the air and he grabbed my neck to catch me and started squeezing it, without mercy. I then buried my fangs into his hand and grabbed his forearm then his arm and kicked his elbow backwards. I then pried his fingers off of my neck and swung myself to his gut with all of my body weight. I landed right under his rib cage and knocked the wind out of him and once he fell, I was standing on him. He tried breathing then I got off of him and he gave me a thumbs up.

"That was good." Dad says then I pulled my fist towards me in celebration.

"Yes!" I exclaim then Dad stood up and brushed himself off.

"However." Dad says and I quit celebrating.

"You didn't make me tired enough that I couldn't fight. You need to do that since you have enough stamina and active enough that you could go on for days. Then you immediately jumped in the air which I could've grabbed you by the neck or knocked you down. Then when you went to bend my elbow backwards, I could've stopped you and shattered your hand. And when you were swinging yourself to me, I could've caught you and slam you to the ground. Then when you stood on top of me, I could've knocked you down then killed you right then and there." Dad nags and I groan.

"So, pretty much I didn't do anything right, right?" I ask and Dad nods his head.

"Next time, do better." Dad says and I scoff then walked inside of the shrine where Mom was practicing her white talisman.

"Hey, how was training---" Mom started saying.

"I pretty much did everything wrong." I answer then I walked into my room and sat on my bed then laid down and looked up at my ceiling.

"How come they have to be so hard on me during training?" I ask myself then I rolled onto my stomach and buried my face into my pillow and screamed "F*** you Mom and Dad".

"Maren, what do you want for dinner?" Miracle asks me.

"I'll starve myself, now leave my f****** room, Miracle." I order then she sighs.

"You're always in a bad mood after training with Dad. Is he that bad?" Miracle asks and I sat up and faced her.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK, DUMBASS?! HE CRITICIZES EVERY LITTLE THING I DO WHEN HE SAYS FOR ME TO ATTACK HIM AND HE SAYS ALL THE THINGS I DID WRONG WHICH IS PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING!" I yell then Toshin and Dallas walk over.

"Hey!" Dallas shouts.

"Don't yell at Miracle!" Toshin commands and I glare at him.