Passed

"You put on an exciting show last night, Koujou." I compliment sarcastically and he scoffs.

"Hey, it's not like I wanted to do that." Koujou tells me.

"Still, some lion thingy came outta nowhere and destroyed that gas plant!" I exclaim and he rolls his eyes and I smack the back of his head.

"Ow!" He says and he looks at me.

"Don't be disrespectful like that, Koujou. I can kill you at any moment, remember?" I remind him and he looks away, whistling. Then my phone starts buzzing, nonstop. I then pull it out of my jacket pocket and look at it.

"What do you want, Mizuki?" I ask uncle Mizuki through the phone and he chuckles.

"Don't act so rude, Mary. I just wanted to call you to see how you were." He answers and I sigh.

"I'm fine, uncle Mizuki. Are Mom and Dad really going to come to the Demon District?" I ask him.

"Nope. After they heard that you got an apartment for you, Miracle, and your brothers to stay, they decided to stay. They were going to go in case you or Miracle weren't going to be able to provide a home." Uncle Mizuki answers.

"Are you still working?" I ask him as Koujou and I walked to the train station.

"Yeah, but I'm taking a break." He answers and I sigh.

"Dad's going to kill you for slacking off." I tell him.

"Your dad doesn't have the guts to----Oh...Hey, Tomoe! I was just getting back to work----Hey give me back my phone!" Uncle Mizuki shouts.

"This is what you get for slacking off. Who is this?" Dad asks through Mizuki's phone and I laugh.

"Hey, Dad. Uncle Mizuki just called me to make sure I was doing fine." I assure Dad and he hums.

"Okay, but he should be working instead of calling you. And you should be working also, watching that vampire." Dad says and I groan.

"But, Dad! I AM working! I'm going to school with Koujou and I'm still working after school too----" I began to say.

"I don't care about if you're working after school or not. You cannot have any distractions and always be on your feet. You have to be ready----" Dad began to say.

"'You have to be ready to fight and kill', I know that, Dad." I finish.

"Hey, don't give me attitude, Maren. I'm telling you what you need to do in order to be successful." Dad tells me and I sigh as I looked down at the ground.

"Maren." Dad says.

"Yeah?" I ask him.

"I know I'm strict and pushy, but I am still your father. And I still love you, remember that." Dad says and I smile.

"I know, Dad. I have to go, the train's almost here." I tell him.

"Alright, I love you." He says.

"Love you too." I say then I hung up. I put my phone back in my pocket and Koujou and I got on the train.

"Who were you talking to?" Koujou asks.

"My 'uncle' then my dad after he yelled at my 'uncle'." I answer.

"Why did you put uncle in quotes?" He asks.

"He's not my blood uncle, but he's been there to help raise me, Miracle, Toshin, and Dallas, as well as his own kids. He's my mom's other familiar when my dad is her original and they're 'brother familiars'." I explain and he nods.