jughead ☼ story (2)

Jughead

I walked to where Y/N's 3rd period was since we were dismissed early for finishing the classwork. I planned to walk her to our 4th period which we had together. 

I leaned on the wall and crossed my arms and waited of the door to open. Soon it opened and a dozen of people rushed outside. My eyes searched for the familiar face that seemed to never leave my mind.

I then found her smiling and laughing, I looked at the person next to her just to see the one and the only Shawn Mendes. The "starboy" in school known for his charming looks and great music. He has done a few collabs with Archie which— I have to admit was pretty good. I've never really encountered any problems with him. But I guess I am going to now.

I furrow my brows and glared at both of them. Shawn then said something to her making her laugh and smack his shoulder playfully. He then laughs too and slung  an arm around her shoulder.

Jealous, I turned my back and tugged my beanie down, looking down on my feet, walking away quickly.

I knew that I was just her best friend. But it never sunk to me that other guys could like her and she could like them back. I never even realized it, I'm so stupid— so f*cking stupid, I walked— basically ran to the washroom. I looked at the mirror and and stared at my reflection sadly.

Depressed thoughts ran in my head, as I leaned my head on the mirror in front of me and sighed. 

The familiar beep of my phone then pulled me out of my train of thoughts.

Y/N: hey where you at?

I don't think I wanna stay here any longer, so I just told her that I wasn't feeling well so I went to the clinic.

Y/N: want me go there after class? it's lunch after anyways

Jughead: No it's fine, I'll just go home

Y/N: u sure?

Jughead: ye

I wasn't really lying— I want to go home, I just didn't go to the clinic. I looked up from my reflection again, rubbed my face and shook my head. Pathetic. I'm so pathetic.

    ☼ 

The doorbell then rang while I was typing my heart out in my laptop. I sighed and got up, since both my parents were out right now, I was alone. I opened the door and there revealed Veronica.

Right when I opened the door she directly walked in "I saw her with the Shawn guy too, and it's no mystery that you went home because of them, right?"she said pacing back and forth.

"First of all, hello to you too, and yes, yes come in, come in" I said sarcastically, closing the door.

"Oh come on I know that you need help right now—"  she said 

"No, I don't. I know she'll never like me back— I just— I just need to realize that" I said, no matter how hard it is to wrap my head around that.

She stopped pacing and glared at me "That's it? You're going to give up just like that?" she said

"That's not wha—"  

"I'm not letting you give up. Look, you might think that she doesn't like you— but how are you so sure about that, just because you saw her with another guy, it's the end of the world? If you really do like you'd fight for her." she said, walking closer and closer with each word. 

"Now tell me you're giving up. I dare you" she said with her eyes filled with determination.

"I won't" 

A/N 

i know, i think i suck at writing too.

but thanks for reading and part 3 soon (not sure when)

btw shawn mendes bc why not??? i love hiiiiiim. im going to his concert on march 18 and im supahh excited ITS NEXT MONTH. 

oh and have you watched episode 3? and when archie's towel almost fell? ugh. i cant

that's it for now and please comment ur opinions :)