archie ☼ not anymore

i'm making a series called "kid in love". where the imagine shows you and a character in your childhood, and the imagine just goes on from there. hope you enjoy.

  UNEDITED

kid in love ; not anymore (archie)

Y/N

"Let's play in the backyard" Archie said pulling Ginny and I out. I giggled, I think I love Archie— he gave me the other half of his kit kat, when his Mommy gave him a pack.

We went to his backyard and played tag. "Tag" I said, tapping Ginny's shoulder, I then ran as far and fast as I can. "I'm always it" she whined "This isn't fair" she whined, crossing her arms and furrowing her brows. Archie walked up to her and gently patted her back.

"Fine. Let's play hide and seek instead" Archie said in a comforting tone. "Okay" she giggled.

"Let's play rock, paper, scissors. Whoever looses is it" I said. We put our fists together. On shoot, Archie had paper while Ginny and I had scissors. "I'm it! I'll count to ten and you better hide!" Archie threatened, facing the fence and counting. I dashed to the tree and his behind it, while Ginny went somewhere else.

I sat down on my place after I heard Archie yell "Ready or not, here I come". I fiddled with the grass, tearing it and scattering it.I looked up and saw a pretty white flower. I think Archie might like it, so I pulled it out and smiled.

Five minutes later

It's been 20 years and Archie still hasn't found me yet. I got up and went to look for them.

With the flower in my hand, I walk around and found the gazebo, in Archie's backyard. (Let's just pretend archie has a huge ass backyard, k?) The smile o my face fel along with the flowers as Archie knelt down in front of Ginny. "Will you marry me?" he asked, holding a pop tab of a can. She giggled, and nodded her head.

  ☼

"Hey, best friend" I heard a familiar voice said, making me turn around and then roll my eyes. "What do you want now?" I groaned "I don't have any money Archie, so go away" I said, shaking my head. "I don't need money" he said rolling his eyes and taking a seat in front of me. "Guess who got a date with Ginny at 7?"he bragged, stealing a french fry out of my plate. "That's right. This guy" he said, his face filled with pride, shoving the french fry in his mouth.

I looked down on my plate. "A date?" I asked, sadly.

"Yeah, she finally broke up with Jason" he snickered.

"Are you sure you're not just a rebound?" I said, stuffing my face with the food I bought.

"Me? A rebound?" he scoffed. "We've liked each other since we were kids, Y/N. You know that" he said, firmly. "It just so happen that Jason got in way" he said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Whatever you say, Archie" I said, ignoring the stab in my heart

  ☼

2 months later

Lately, Archie's been acting... distant. After Ginny and him got together, we've barely seen each other. He always is "busy" or at least that what he said. But anyone with a brain would know he's lying.

Walking in the library, with my phone it my hands, and earphones plugged in my ears. I pulled out the book I was currently reading.

I was drowned in the melody of the song I was listening to, along with the words in the pages in front of me. I felt a tap on my shoulder, tearing me away from my peace.