reggie ☼ monster

UNEDITED

Y/N

"How was your day?" Reggie asked, sweetly, sitting on a stool as I cut up the vegetables I needed for the food I was making for dinner.

"Fine." I mumbled, pouring the vegetables in the pot. "Fine?" he asked, raising a brow. "Nothing, much happened in the office?"

I shook my head, stirring the soup. "I'm asking you a question." (lmao this is my mom, even when i reply)

"Not much happened." I muttered.

I jumped when he slammed his hand on the table. "When I ask you a question, answer properly." He shouted.

"Nothing happened in the f*cking office. Just the same old f*cking papers, and sh*t." I snapped, dropping the wooden spoon on the counter.

He stayed quiet for a second, "Did you just shout at me?" I didn't reply, scared. "F*cking reply." He shouted, pulling my hair. "I-I'm sorry." I said, turning off the stove.

He pulled on my hair more, "You should f*cking respect me." he then shoved me on the ground.

I landed on my butt, with a wince. He then kicked me on my ribs, and on my stomach, repeatedly. I stared at his pitch black eyes, knowing that this isn't the real Reggie.

This happened often, Reggie had Bipolar Disorder, he'd get mad over the littlest things, and beat me up for it. But I know deep down, the Reggie I know and love is in there.

"Please stop." I whimpered, as he dropped plates near me, he then pulled me up to stand up. "Don't f*cking yell at me again, you little sh*t. I work hard in my job as well, and you don't f*cking see me giving you shit, now do you?" He kicked my leg, making me fall back on the ground.

I crawled to the other side of the room, as far as him as possible. I hugged my legs, sobbing. I flinched, as he touched my arm. I looked up, at him scared at his next move, but instead found the same warm dark eyes, of the real Reggie, the Reggie I love. His eyes were filled with regret, guilt and pain when I flinched back.

"I-I'm sorry, Honey." He hugged me, as I sobbed on his chest.

He carried me, bridal style, and bought me to the washroom. He undressed me, with his tears in eyes, staring at my wounds. "I'm sorry, I-I do—"

I gently placed my pointer on his lips, "It's okay, I understand." I smiled, slightly.

He helped me take a shower, washing the blood away, making me wince when the water hit my wounds. He stared at my body once again, in guilt.

After so, he dried me up with a towel, and helped me get dressed. I stared to limp to the bedroom, since my leg hurt. I then tripped over a shirt on the floor, but Reggie caught me.

"A-Are you alright? Why can't you walk properly?" He asked concerned, carrying me to bed.

"I— it's just, uh—" I tried to say, trying not to hurt his feelings.

"It was me again, wasn't it?" He interrupted, he clenched his jaw. "I don't deserve you, Y/N. You deserve someone who can protect you, who can love you, who doesn't hurt you, who isn't a sick monster like me." He vented, facing away.

"Reggie, I—"

"I wish I wasn't like this, I wish I could be better, I wish I could treat you better. (treat you beeettteeerrr) There's just this thing that snaps in me, and instantly all I see is red. A-And I loose all my control, it's like I loose myself." He cried out.

I pulled him in my arms, rubbing his back. "I wish you didn't have to deal with this, I wish you didn't have to deal with me. Why are you even here? Why don't you leave me?" He pulled away, with his cheeks tears stained.