archie ☼ goodbye (2)

Archie

I stretch my arm to Y/N's side of the bed, but only to feel an empty space. I snapped my eyes open when I did, I immediately regretting it when I felt a throbbing pain in my head. F*ck, I drank a little too much night.

I slowly opened my eyes and got up, I went to the washroom and took a shower, because God did I stink. After my shower, I immediately felt a bit better, with the smell of alcohol gone. I walk to the kitchen and gulped down some pain killers. I looked at the calendar by the fridge and realized it was Saturday. Where's Y/N?

Maybe she went to the grocery or something a voice reassured in my head, don't panic.

Soon, before I even knew it, ten minutes became thirty, and thirty became hour and Y/N was still not home. Now you can panic.

I run upstairs and checked all the rooms, but she wasn't in any. I go to our room and see that her closet has empty and her suitcase was gone. My heart was beating faster and faster by each passing second. Tears were blurring my eyes as I see the thing that broke my heart the most. Her ring and a note.

Goodbye Archie,

Give this ring to Veronica, or who ever you love, because I'm pretty sure that that's not me.

Love, Y/N

Tears were pouring out of my eyes as I read her letter. Memories of last night came crashing in. What I did with Veronica. What I said to Y/N. What the hell did I do?

It was a mistake.

The thing that was between Veronica and I, has been happening for a month. And I've always been guilty about it, that's why I try my best to be busy and forget about it.

She left. She's not coming back. A voice said repeatedly in my mind.

I walk downstairs, lifeless as ever.

Gone. Forever.

I crouched down and just cried and cried and cried. I picked up my phone and called Jughead.

"Hello?" he asked, once he picked up.

"She's gone." I sobbed.

"What?" He asked, clearly surprised.

"She's gone, she left me. Jug I-I messed up. I messed up so much. You were right." I said, unable to stop crying.

I hear him sigh on the other end. "Sit tight, I'm coming over" he said before hanging up.