Chp 1~ The Valley (New)

A/N: So this song explains this character and sorry it's long but listen to it... it's so worth it, not only because of the pictures but also inspiring, hope you enjoy not only the song but this story as well!

Lilac's POV:

Someone starts yelling off in the distance, their voice gets louder my heart thumps faster and faster. Getting up I scurry around the pitch-black room trying to find the light switch. Thump, a jolting pain in my calf makes me fall over into the door, memories start to swarm my head making me woozy of what happened late last night. Moving my hand along the wall striving to grab for the unknown light switch. A flick goes off along with a crackle of light emanating from the top of the ceiling.

Turning away from the Dark Blue wall I notice my sheets dressed in crimson. The sight makes me turn away in disgust with myself and silently whisper a note to myself for me to do the laundry, with a slight limp I go to my bed and tear off the sheets the rattling of it dragging against my thin mattress makes me sigh in hope. A light squeak catches my ears making me look up to notice my husky plush on the floor seeming to be in sorrow that it fell. Running over I pick him up and hold him close.

"Sorry, Mr. Munchy I'll put you somewhere safe." I nod softly showing regret and put him in my closet so my dad can't find him. Getting back to what my original plan was I walk over to my sheets, pull them together, and drag them downstairs to the laundry room. Making sure to put baking soda on the stains, I then stuff it into the washer and set it to start. Feeble legs drag my body ever so slowly into the kitchen, my blood running slowly down the length of my calf my mind completely ignoring the feeling.

"Lilac!!! you better get your ass in here to start cleaning." My dad Chris yells his voice booming through the halls.

"Okay, Dad!." My voice responds instantaneously to his as I walk to the laundry room to grab the cleaning supplies. Dragging a basket along after me I start to dust off the china cabinet. It's cherry wood standing out against the blank wall behind it.

"You better hurry the hell up if you want to go on that hiking trail you always take!" My dad's merciless voice pounds through the air just like the sound of thunder rumbling madly through the sky. In a rush, I clean off the dining table of any leftover debris and limp into the living room. The number of beer bottles scattered across the floor and coffee table makes me gulp, even some shards of glass glitter from the sunlight that comes through the curtains. Picking up the bottles of beer I set them into the basket while I fetch a broom and pan. Sweeping the shards of light brown glass into the pan a shooting pain rips down my leg making me collapse with a loud bang onto the floor. Grabbing onto the table to support myself I manage to lug myself onto my feet, as I sweep up the last remaining pieces of glass I throw them into a small bag.

"I-I've finished cleaning" I mumble out quietly slouching over. His footsteps come over, his bare feet slapping against the fake wood.

"Ooh, so I see that you haven't cleaned up that cut I gave you?" he smirks walking over to lift my chin gripping it hard. I immediately look in the other direction and nod trying not to piss him off.

"Get going and make breakfast" he mutters to me, pushing me to the side so he can sit on the couch. Obeying his orders, I drag the basket back into the laundry room and put the cleaning supplies back into their rightful places, and toss the beers into a recycling bin. Treading my way painfully into the kitchen I take out a pan to make an omelet and some bacon. The smell of the cooked food makes my stomach rumble, but I make sure not to touch any as I slide it on a plate. Calling his name, I set it on the island table and rinse the dishes. His steps cascade into the room as he collapses into his chair.