Chp 3~ PackHouse (NEW)

Jake's POV:

Suddenly Lilac blacks out, my arms open wide to catch her from an imposing blow to her head. Forcefully my mind goes into the sudden notation of whether my mate is going to be okay. Feeling a tap on my shoulder I look up to see Ivan standing next to me he's looking down with a small smile. My pack members are already in the room glancing at us ready to do what I ask of them.

"She's a strong one, but we should probably find somewhere to go" he states his face crinkling up. As I pull Lilac closer to my chest I contact my Beta and ask where he is and to get his ass to where I currently am. He instantly taps my shoulder and coughs slightly with a small smile. I tell him to make sure Chris gets to the police station and to put a statement in about what he saw tonight. He nods before running back out to the police cars that are still hovering around. 

I see a hand wave right near my face and Ivan stands there with a puzzling expression and a tilt with his head.

"It's nothing don't worry", I walk to the window to see my Beta talking to one of the sergeants. I then pivot my way to the door I look at Ivan take him to the door and head down the street. "We'll talk about this later but let's get you both somewhere safe for right now." I continue to carry Lilac and drag Ivan slightly down a curvy road that takes us through the brush to my packhouse. The rest of my pack has dispersed by now giving statements or following us closely just in case but at a distance.

"Are you a werewolf?" I hear Ivan ask I nod my head as I focus on my surroundings. "Wow! I thought I was going crazy when I saw your eyes change color but I was right!". I give out a long sigh "ok kid calm down... so you're also a werewolf".

"Yep... so is my sister," he says excitedly. With my eyes spotting my pack's mansion my wolf goes ballistic with whimpering about Lilac and if she's alright. I whisper to him that I'm going to take her to the pack's doctor as soon as I get there.

My legs move faster this time long strides conquering those of Ivans's small hops to manage to keep up but I feel a tight yank on my arm right when we arrive in front of the doctor's quarters. I look at him and follow his eyesight to one of the guards who is peering at Ivan. A small growl escapes my throat causing Ivan to jump.

The guard on the other hand bows in apology and glances at a wall with discomfiture coating his eyes. Ivan calms down slightly and begins to follow me still holding onto my shirt and glancing behind us. Pushing open the doors to the waiting room a nurse comes over right away to look at Lilac.

"Can you please help her?" I ask waiting for the nurse to respond. She nods her head and calls a doctor over.

I set Lilac down on the stretcher and Ivan's whimper pricks my ears and I glance towards him. "You ok bud?" I say looking at him intently. He looks up at me with a small hint of worry and fanatics drifting through his eyes as they turn a light green.

"What are you guys going to do with my Dad? Oh, the police sorry..."

"We're gonna keep a close eye on him and see if they're going to let him out at all" I state with a small smile. "If he gets let out we're putting his ungrateful sorry drunken ass in the cells here".  Ivan nods in approval and sits down on a chair and I take a seat next to him. Suddenly the door of the pack hospital slams open and I see my Beta running with a soft smile on his face.

"They're taking him in now to ask some more questions?" he stops in place and he nods gently at what he said.

I simply nod and smile in thanks before he nods and walks out of the room, my wolf starts to freak out again blabbering and howling about Lilac and if the Doctors are hurting her with those pointy needles. Groaning I run my fingers through my hair tiredly, desperate to see my mate again and to know that she is okay.

~~~~

After two hours they finally allowed me to go into Lilac's room. Of course after my little tantrum out in the waiting room when I punched a hole into the wall. When I got into the room I immediately grabbed her hand and looked at her sadly, waiting for those beautiful eyes to open for me.

Ivan was sleeping next to her, of course after being jealous and finally letting him do as he pleases since he's only her brother. Suddenly the rustle of covers takes over my senses and I look at Lilac to see her move onto her side. I saw her eyes flutter open showing me her bright hazelnut eyes. Huh, same eye color I suppose a big smile slapping across my face.

"Lilac!" I yell excitedly pulling her close. I see her flinch at my action just as Ivan sits upright and rubs the sleep out of his eyes.

"Jake... w-where am I?" Lilac breathes out softly her eyes darting around slightly only to land upon my eyes once again.

I smile softly and squeeze her hand "We're just at the doctor" I say to her lightly. Ivan screams happily when he finally notices that Lilac is awake and tackles her with a hug and they both start to laugh and giggle. A huge smile crosses my face and I run my hands down my leg that was starting to get sweaty.

Lilac's POV:

I feel Jake grab my face and I look at him his eyes are changing back and forth from his normal hazel to a rich chocolatey dark brown. "Lilac" he groans, "Yes?" I ask I feel my wolf start to bark in the back of my mind when I feel my heart flutter slightly as Jake moves a little closer to me.

Lilac!!!! I think he's our mate oh my gosh!!! my wolf screams at the top of her lungs happily. I give out a small but happy growl and then a big smile. Then my mind runs backward thinking of what will happen the last time I met a pack of wolves.

{Flashback to 5 years ago}

I was locked up in the basement of the packhouse Dad dragged me to. He said that I had to stay here as punishment. Everyone else that was there looked at me and gasped at the bruises and cuts all over me. Some were scowling but others were shaking their heads. Whispering about how young and tiny I was. A few minutes later someone from the pack came down and started beating me. I begged for mercy but it didn't happen, he then dragged me over to a different sell with this one guy in it who was staring at me for most of the time.

He tossed me in and said he could do anything to me and walked away laughing. The guy ended up doing nothing to me except pull me towards him. I flinched a couple of times when he was trying to calm me down. He was my only friend at that place I soon had to go since my Dad knew the punishment wasn't working.

{Flashback end}

I started to shake uncontrollably, wondering what would happen if I joined the pack. Jake pulled me into a hug, and so did my brother. I calmed down a little but couldn't get the thought out of my head on what would happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A.N:  Finally!! Another update is finished. I hope the updates are turning out well. Thanks for reading. Be sure to comment and vote if you enjoyed it!

~Word Count~

        1367