Chp 4~ Stars (NEW)

Lilac's POV:

As I hugged Jake and my brother, my eyes wandered exploring the room, twinkling with little bits of wonder. But holding on tightly still unsure. Trying to get up off the bed as the nurse just told us I was free to go. I wobble a bit as Jake and Ivan lead me to the door.

Jake then wraps his hands around my waist softly looking down at a small smile and worry glowing in his eyes. He murmurs into my ear, asking if it's okay if he carries me.

I blush a light red as I nod, he pulls me up into his arms like a fragile baby. Ivan lets out a small snort from my expression and follows Jake out of the room.

As they keep walking I glance around a bit to see some sofas. A coffee table with some cups and bowls littered on top of it was a massive TV.

I aww in wonder and perk up when I see all of the plants that are placed keenly around the massive room, definitely the living room I thought to myself. There are pothos hanging down from shelves, their vines crawling across the walls backing a green border partway around the room. Some strings of pearls and turtles flow in and out of the pothos as well, some hang more than halfway down the walls. Some Air plants are handing in the corners sticking out their little bird nest-like pots. String lights are up and around the room as well, there are aloe, snake, and spider plants, as well two huge towering monsteras' are posted around the room. On bookshelves, there are smaller succulents and little cacti and some violets sitting basking in the huge window that's across from them. 

Then I finally notice the hands that are scrounging through the bowls and lifting cups. I look up only for my eyes to meet an enraged female glaring at me with fire-spitting eyes. 

She stands up and walks over, getting extremely close to our faces. Her face contorts as she sticks out her hip looking me up and down. Steam is billowing out of her ears as she opens her mouth a couple of times before she starts screaming in my face.

"Who is this slut?!" she screeches spitting on my face as she speaks. I look at her scared and confused. I did not say anything since we've walked out of that damn room. Is she on drugs or something?

"She's my mate, Jessica." Jake lets out a low growl she shuts up quickly her face falling and stuttering an apology trying to still get his attention even after her outburst. He ignores her pleas and her hands grabbing at him and starts to lead us out of the room I notice sparks of anger flickering through her eyes as we make eye contact. I glare at her a soft growl exiting my mouth as I bare my teeth at her slowly moving my fingers over his shoulders to tell her off. I quickly snap out of it my wolf still snickering at how the girl turned tail from what she controlled me to do.

A low whimper flows through the air along with a bang against the wall. Looking up I notice a bulky man holding Ivan's arm as he stares down at him. Ivan lets out a small raspy breath, shriveling more into the wall and looking towards me and Jake expectantly.

"Let go of him you jerk!" I squirm in Jake's arms as I try to go help my brother. Jake grips onto me and walks closer to where Ivan is pinned.

"Josh stop scaring the poor kid and train outside!" he snarls out pushing him off of my brother his nose flaring.

Ooooh, his wolf is so protective of you two~ my wolf purrs out softly completely forgetting about the girl from earlier. I blush as she keeps letting out delicate floral words of praise at our mate.

Well, he is our mate after all, and with us being in a place with so many new males he's just making sure we don't get hurt. He is handsome and all but I would like to take care of myself, and Ivan. It's the only thing I did anyway my whole life. Cook, sweep, scrub, cook, sweep, scrub. I did it constantly. I don't need help from him. . . I don't think anyway.