Chp 7~ Return of the Dog (NEW)

Adam's POV:

Trotting behind Lilac is confusing. She walks around like she hasn't seen the place before. Speeding around trees, then stopping then going again and stopping.

She looks around cautiously, her head swiveling back and forth like a child in the candy store. It never stops. It's just searching constantly for the one thing you love and always gets or the chocolatey object that catches your eye.

As I go up to her, I nudge her side softly, getting me a confused look.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit worried," I blurt out softly through.

"I'm fine, don't worry, just not used to transforming into my wolf so much," she replies to me softly. Her paws pad along the grassy undertone of the forest as her body weaves through trees and bundles of bushes.

Letting out a light sigh as I follow after her. She starts bellowing herself down a hill towards the look of a tent beside a river. When we make it to the river, she immediately enters the tent to change back into a human. Transforming, I stuff over the clothes that lay dormant in the bag.

After the t-shirt and jeans are on, I sit my ass down onto a log as I look around. We at least passed this place three times in the last hour. This is the reason why it is confusing to follow her. She goes in circles. You just never know when to butt in on someone so delicate.

A low sigh makes me look over my shoulder to see Lilac there staring off to the other side of the river. As she continues to stare for a bit longer, not seeming to know my presence, I clear my throat softly and stand up to make my way over to her. She gives me a small smile before she sits down on the damp pebbles, her legs stretching out and her dress flailing out along the ground and her legs.

A twig snaps and barking commences causing me to grab onto Lilac. Looking around, a small husky puppy bursts out from between some bushes and right to Lilac. It climbs all over her lap, nibbling at her chin, not able to keep his tongue in his mouth as he licks her repeatedly.

My face swirls into a smile to see Lilac finally happy after a while. Getting up, she goes inside the tent with the small puppy following her closely. My feet follow along with them but pause at the door. Lilac climbs on top of a mattress and pulls the dog on top of her stomach. The small thing immediately curls up, wagging its tail non-stop looking up at her lovingly.

~~~~

Ivan's POV:

My eyes open, my body sits up, and immediately stretch around when my feet hit the rug under my bed. Rubbing my eyes a little bit to rub out the remnants of a good nap, I notice that Lilac isn't back with her food yet. Traveling out of my room and down the stairs, I slowly limp my way into the kitchen. There is the smell of cooked food, remnants of bacon, gooey eggs, and hashbrowns.

Grabbing a piece of bread, I shove it down into the toaster until I catch sight of Josh a little bit behind me as he scratches his head with embarrassment. Sighing, I turn around, pushing down the lever to start the cooking of my bread.

"So..." Josh says softly, looking at me his hand still working at his hair and scalp.

Ivan, I feel like he's our mate, but I'm still not positive. My wolf whines out to me, I can feel him curl upon himself and stare out through my eyes right at Josh. I reply to my wolf with an okay and to keep figuring the situation out.

"How was your day today?" I ask him as I pull some butter from the fridge. My eyes look towards Josh and glance him up and down. I immediately get interested and cross my arms a little as I make my way to get some jam. He replies with a simple answer. "Yeah, it's good."

He can't stop looking at me as his voice grunts, "How was your day Ivan?". I shiver a little bit at his gruff voice but I shake the feeling. I've always liked deep voices, so that's just normal, I think to myself as the toast pops up.

"It's going okay I guess, leg still hurts from my fucking Dad stabbing me when I was trying to save Lilac is all" I make out my voice wavering a bit as I look down to start to make my toast.

"Ivan..." soft footsteps walk over just as I turn around. A warm hand grabs onto my cheek softly as he pulls it up slightly so I can look him in the eyes. Immediately my cheeks flush as I look away from his eyes, getting embarrassed. My wolf is now perked up and he seems to be running in circles his tongue lolling out as he howls in joy.

His hand pulls me back to look at him as he blurts out my name and the command to look into his ocean eyes. As I glance into his eyes, he pulls me into a tight yet gentle hug. Immediately my heart starts to flutter around from the feeling of his arms wrapping around my small body.

"S-So, you're my mate," my voice struggles out cracking here and there from my beet-red cheeks, and the shy smile his lips tuens up as he stares at me. He nods softly as his eyes sparkle down at me his pupils wave back and forth, seeming to look at every detail and freckle I seem to have.

My body leans into him, everything letting loose with a sign. He rests his head on mine, my body immediately snuggles closer as my wolf coaxes in to savor the moment. The warmth pulls away, I look up at him, not sure of what's wrong.

"You should go sit down in your room. I'll finish your toast for you." That face of his smiles out to me. My eyes make my way back to the piece of toast, but I nod and make my way up the long staircase, along with eyes glaring at me like they always are, and probably always will be.

Author's Note: Well hopefully this was enough for you guys! Comment and Vote for maybe some sexy time?

~Word Count~

         1091