Chapter 10-First Job

-Chapter 10- First Job

Time Skip to the next morning

"Ugh, I hate mornings..." Lucy complains as she gets out of bed. She notices Oribu is no longer on the sofa. She is living in Lucy's apartment until she gets her own but has to get enough money first from jobs.

"Hey! Oribu!" She calls. She walks into the kitchen.

"Oh hey, Lucy! I'm just making breakfast, I hope that's okay..." Oribu smiles. Lucy stands there, gaping.

"You got up to get breakfast for me?" Oribu nods. "Ohmigod that is so sweet! Thank you!" She hugs her.

"That's okay." Oribu says. She hands Lucy a plate with some toast and fried egg. (IDK how/when Oribu learned to cook XD)

"Wow! that looks amazing!" She says, eating it quickly. "We gotta be at the guild soon to get you a job. Don't worry, I'll wash up later." As Oribu takes her plate to the sink. 

-At the guild-

"So how do you get jobs?" Oribu asks Lucy.

"Oh right, I forgot you've never been in a guild before. You find a job on the request board, follow me!" She leads Oribu to a large wooden board covered in paper, next to the bar.

"Wow! There's so many! Which one do I pick?" She asks.

"Whichever suits you. I mean, if you want to get an apartment or house a high paying job is best." Lucy explains.

"You get paid?" Oribu asks, surprised. 

"Yeah! How else do you think I pay my rent?" Lucy says.

"What about this one?" Oribu points to a small request on the board.

TEMPORARY LIBRARIANS NEEDED

We have had some, how do I put this, disagreements with our Carty Bookstore bookkeeper, and he has quit. We shall need two replacement librarians for the afternoon, who are able to rearrange and search for all the missing books scattered around.

We are offering 2 million jouel for a clean sweep of the library, along with free access to our rare archive of books for as long as the mage desires.

-Sirius Carty, President of Carty Books

Oribu and Lucy nodded at each other. 

"2 million jewel? Wow. That's gotta pay off my rent for the next year! And I bet Levy would love to read all those books." Lucy says, smiling. "What are we waiting for then? Come on!" Lucy grabs Oribu's hand and drags her out of the guild. 

-TIME SKIP- At the library-

"Whoa." Oribu exclaims as she looks at the hundreds of books towering around them. Lucy walks over to the main desk and looks at a note left there.

'If you have come about the job, please begin right away!

I will be back in about 3 hours.'

Sirius Carty-President of Carty Books

"I think we might be here a little longer than three hours..." Lucy sighs, looking around.

The two wizards get to work stacking books, finding books, cleaning books and pretty much doing everything to do with books that the job request asked. A very long while later, the library door swings open.

"So someone took the job? I can't thank you enough, this looks amazing!" An old man with a long beard trailing the floor walks in, wearing purple robes. Oribu and Lucy assumed this must be Sirius.

"Thankyou Mr. Carty." The girls say in unison. When are we going to get the money? Lucy thinks. As if he knew what Lucy was thinking, Sirius says:

"Here is the reward, as promised." He hands a wad of notes to the Celestial Mage, the rest to the Dragon Slayer. "A Dragon Slayer and Celestial wizard huh? Quite a guild you have!" The man smiles kindly at the two mages and takes his seat behind the desk. Oribu and Lucy thank him, open the door and walk out. 

Oribu and Lucy at the library