chapter 12 - Sometimes I'd Settle For Just Ordinary

Outfits in the external link

*Note: This quote is from Bonnie to Jamie in 3.20 Do Not Go Gentle, after he calls her amazing for all the things that she does for all of her friends and still gets hurt in the process, like she has been repeatedly since the beginning of the series. In this chapter, it also references Stefan and Alex returning human after being given the Cure by Lindsey and Bonnie, after they have always wanted to be human again.* 

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Bonnie: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 8.01 "Hello, Brothers", in the secret room of the vault, Bonnie, Lindsey, Ryan, Enzo and Alaric found the bones.

Ryan: (voice over from 8.08 How Did I Become the Bad Guy?) "Seems our dead guy Harvey was friends with the Sirens back in 1790."

From 8.08 "How Did I Become the Bad Guy?", in the Armory, Kacie, Matt, Luke, Lindsey, Ryan and Cristian were here.

"Turns out, he was related to a family from Mystic Falls," Lindsey told them. 

From 8.11 "There Really Wasn't a Choice", outside the high school, Matt found the cardan grille, calling Lindsey and Ryan over video call, who were on the road with the bell. "I got a question for you guys. I need you to tell me what this is."

"It's a cipher device used for code-breaking," Ryan told them. 

From 8.10 "If You Can't Be A Fool For Family, Who Can You Be A Fool For?", in the clock tower, Stefan, Alex, Matt, Peter and Seline were talking.

"When the door between this world and Cade's get cracked open, it wipes out everything," Seline told them.

Later, Matt was ringing the bell.

Seline: (voice over from 8.10 If You Can't Be a Fool For Family, Who Can You Be a Fool For?) "All you got to do is make sure that bell rings 12 times."

From 8.11 "There Really Wasn't a Choice", outside the high school, Damon, Kaylin, Nicola and Cade were talking.

Cade looked at Kaylin significantly. "If you hadn't been beaten as a human, you would have a child of your own. I believe you would have named him or her after what your boyfriend has always called you. Something about light in the darkness."

Kaylin glared at him in annoyance for bringing this up. "'Ray of light in the darkness'. So I would have called her Rae, or him Ray. R-A-E for girl Rae, and R-A-Y for boy Ray. If we didn't like you using the Mikaelsons to get to us, you know sure as hell that I hate it when you use my unborn child to get to me."

Cade grabbed Kaylin's wrist, making her hallucinate and flash back to many of her horrible memories.

Kaylin: (voice over from 8.11 There Really Wasn't a Choice) "So, unless you're telling me that you can fix every bad thing that has happened to me in my life..."

From 8.11 "There Really Wasn't a Choice", in the Grill, Tory, Eliza, Liv, Kacie, Cristian, Luke, Damon, Kaylin and Nicola were facing Cade from all around.

"I gave Stefan and Alex a choice," Cade told them. "Death, or killing your friends, Bonnie Bennett, Lindsey Davis-Thompson, Ryan Thompson and Enzo St. John."

Everyone was worried and in denial.

From 8.11 "There Really Wasn't a Choice", in the safe house, Lindsey, Ryan, Bonnie and Enzo were talking.