Chapter 2

The next day, everyone was sitting in a classroom waiting for the teacher to come in. The teacher came in and set some papers down on her desk. "Okay class, today we're going to have a new student! Everyone say hello to Miss Abigail Stirling!" The teacher said. Abigail waved at the class and the class waved back. Aaron turned his head to see that Abigail was the girl he ran into the other day. He turned his position to face her and gently waved to her, blushing a bit.

The class looked at him, surprised to see him participating in welcoming the new student. The teacher cleared her throat and the class looked back to her. "Now, Abigail, sweetie, tell us your age, where you're from, and three things about yourself." The teacher said. Everyone's eyes were on the beautiful girl. Aaron could tell she was going to be popular. Great..so she'll NEVER talk to me. He thought to himself. Abigail looked around the room. "Well, I'm 16 years old, I am from Canada but recently moved to America and switched schools to here. I only have a mom..my dad passed away a couple years ago, my favorite TV show is Friends, and I met a boy that I think goes to this school and I would like to meet him again." She said.

Everyone 'oohed' when she mentioned the part of the boy. Aaron blushed and hid his face from Abigail. The teacher smiled. "Thank you Abigail, you can take your seat right next to Aaron over there. Aaron, raise your hand!" The teacher said. Aaron slowly raised his hand and blushed. Abigail smiled and sat right next to him. She stuck out her hand for him to shake. "Hi!" She said. Aaron turned around to face her. Abigail gasped. "It's you! So, your name's Aaron? I like that name." She said. Aaron nodded. "Thank you..the meaning of your name is beautiful, so your name is true." He blushed. Abigail blushed a little. "Thank you!" The teacher began the lesson and everyone paid attention.

The bell rang, signaling lunch. Abigail packed up her stuff and headed out the door, Aaron following her. A lot of people approached her, wanting to talk to her, wanting to sit with her, but Abigail declined. "I'm sorry, maybe another day. I really want to get to know Aaron!" She smiled. The kids laughed. "But he's so creepy! He's always in the dark, he always covers his face, and he never talks to anyone!" A girl said. Aaron heard their conversation from afar. He sighed and sadly bit into his sandwich. Abigail frowned. "That's not nice, you guys. Maybe if you tried to get to know him you would know that he's actually awesome!" She said, walking away from those girls.

Aaron was so surprised that she stuck up for him. Abigail walked up next to Aaron. "Hey! It's me again! Can I sit here?" She asked. Aaron nodded. "Of course." He said, pulling his hoodie down. Abigail sat down. "Thanks! What're you having for lunch?" She asked. Aaron showed her his sandwich. Abigail nodded and smiled. "What are you having?" He asked, making conversation. "Nothing. I didn't have time to make lunch this morning and my mom was at work." She replied, sadly. Aaron nodded. He broke his sandwich in half. "Take it." He said, giving Abigail half. Abigail took it. "Really? Thank you so much!" She hugged Aaron tightly. Aaron blushed and let go of the hug. "I wouldn't want you to starve.." Abigail happily bit into her half of the sandwich.

After a couple hours, school ended. A lot of people waved to Abigail as she left. She waved back and smiled. She caught up with Aaron. "Do you have a study partner?" She asked. Aaron shook his head. "I don't even have a friend." Abigail grabbed his hand. "Well now, you do!" She smiled. Aaron blushed and held her hand. "Okay..thank you. I hope you arrive home safely." He said, turning to walk away. Abigail grabbed his wrist. Aaron stumbled backwards and looked at Abigail. "Can I be your study partner?" She asked, her big, blue eyes misty. Aaron blushed a deep red. "Sure, just come home with me to study." He said, turning on his heel and walking away, Abigail following him.