Chapter 8

"You are NOT going to New Jersey!" Aaron's mother screamed. "I am, no one is going to stop me." "Aaron, you could die!" Caroline said, her heart shattering. Aaron paused. "If I do, at least I can save Abigail." Hunter frowned. "But I still want a big brother..." Aaron sighed. He knelt down next to him. "Don't worry, you'll always have your big brother. Believe in me and I'll be with you." Hunter sighed. "But we can't play catch anymore if you're dead." He said, starting to cry. Aaron hugged Hunter tightly. "I won't die, don't worry, Hunter...believe in your big brother, okay?" Hunter nodded. Aaron got up. 

"Mom, I know you're worried for me, and I understand..but I NEED to do this..for her." He said. Aaron's mother started tearing up. "What if I never see you again?" She choked out. Aaron hugged her. "Mom, don't worry..I'll make it home." Aaron's mom sobbed and hugged him tightly. Aaron let go and looked at Caroline, looking away, tears running down her face. Aaron turned her face to look at him. "Care bear.." He nicknamed. Caroline looked him in the eyes. "I love you." Caroline let the tears flow. She sobbed and hugged Aaron. 

"I love you SO much, Aaron! If you die, I die." Caroline said. Aaron shook his head. "That's why I'm going to live and I'm going to come back to you..I'll come back with her." Caroline nodded. "Can we call you..?" Aaron nodded. "Yes. You guys will be listening to everything through the phone, but you can't make too loud of sounds, okay? Just soft talking, got it?" The whole family nodded. Caroline looked at him. "Please, don't turn out like dad." 

Aaron nodded. "I won't..I'll come back, you guys..but now I have to go." He walked out the door, waving at them. "Don't worry, I'll be back before you know it." He said, before he shut the door. 

Hunter hugged his mom tightly and Caroline dropped to her knees. She started sobbing and hugging herself. "Please, Aaron..come home."