Chapter 10

Aaron looked at Abigail, weak and frail. "You're going to be okay!" He said as he drove around some corners. They were high up on a mountain, so Aaron had to be careful while also going fast. Aaron looked in his mirror and saw something he never wanted to see. The boss and his men were in a truck, chasing after Aaron and Abigail, who were in the police car. "Oh god!" Aaron said. He swerved right, trying to escape them. 

He stayed on the road, going a little faster. Abigail sat up. "Aaron! You're going too fast!" She said. "I know, I know, I'm sorry! But they're going to crash into us if we go any slower! Just hang on tight!" Abigail looked over and tried to put her seat belt on, but it was too late. 

Aaron couldn't go faster than the truck - the men crashed into Abigail and Aaron, letting the car there were driving dangle off the edge of the mountain. Abigail and Aaron were facing the mountain while the rear of the car was being balanced on the ground. Abigail screamed and backed away. Aaron looked at what was ahead of them, plundering in the ocean. He looked at Abigail. "Abigail, if we don't make it, I want you to know that..we just met, but I love you! I was inspired by you! You were my first and only friend! Your poetry spoke to me, we connected somehow! And I know I love you!" 

Abigail looked at Aaron. "I love you too! I knew you were the one when I first met you..your poetry was AMAZING! You really related to me! I would never love anyone else in the world!" She said. Aaron smiled. "So..us lovers now know about each other..and this is our end." Aaron said. Abigail nodded, tears flying down her face. "Let's make the best of it." She leaned over and kissed Aaron gently. The car dangled more off of the edge. They let go of the kiss and the car leaned forwards even more. Abigail crashed through the window and screamed. She was falling to her doom. 

Aaron grabbed her hand with all of his might. Abigail held onto him tightly, screaming and crying. Aaron was standing on top of the car, leaning forward as the car inched its way towards the ocean. "We're not going to survive..perhaps we should just..jump!" He suggested. Abigail looked at him. "Are you sure there's no way out?" Aaron nodded. Abigail sighed. She saw some policemen coming over. Her grip loosened a bit. "Maybe there is for you, but not for me, just let go." Aaron shook his head, letting his hand tighten. "Never! I'll never let go!"

Abigail let go of his hand and started falling. Aaron screamed as she fell into the ocean. "ABIGAIL!" He screamed. The car broke down, Aaron jumped off of the cliff and fell into the ocean, along with the police car. The policemen got out of their cars and watched them sink into the ocean. They called for their troops in the helicopters to send down some ladders so the kids could climb up. 

Aaron gasped and swam around in the water. He gathered enough breath and then dived down again, looking for Abigail. Suddenly, he saw her, floating down in the water, unconscious. Aaron swam deeper and picked Abigail up, swimming back up to the surface. He gasped for air and held Abigail tightly. He waved at the helicopter above him. "HELP! HELP US!" He cried.

A ladder was sent down for them and two policemen came out. One of them grabbed Abigail and brought her up and the other helped Aaron up. They flew away, back to New York. Aaron smiled. He hugged the unconscious Abigail tightly. "I'm coming home with her." He whispered.