Chapter 4

Aaron was lying on his bed, looking at his phone. He was on Abigail's contact. He decided to message her.

Aaron: Hey...did you want to talk about the project, Abigail?

Aaron actually felt something, anxiety, and not his normal anxiety. "What if she doesn't reply? What if she thinks I'm weird? Am I being too desperate?" He asked himself. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes, only to be startled by a ringtone. She had messaged back!

Abbi: Who is this? Is this Aaron?

Aaron chuckled to himself. "Cautious..I like it." 

Aaron: Yes, it is Aaron. I am sorry if I scared you, Abigail.

Abbi: HIII!! Sorry, sometimes I don't know who's texting me! :P

Aaron: That is fine. Did you want to talk about the project?

Abbi: Yeah sure! I sort of wanted to talk about it in person though. And sorry that I didn't have that much time today, I forgot I had to watch my little brother. 

Aaron: It is alright. Are your parents not at home?

Abbi: They usually aren't...

Aaron didn't know what to type. He felt bad for the girl. Suddenly, his mom came in his room. "Hey Aaron, dinner is ready! Come on down." His mother smiled. Aaron nodded. "Thank you. I'll be down soon." His mom left and Aaron replied to Abbi.

Aaron: I have to go for dinner. I want to talk about this when I get back. Goodbye.

Abbi: Bye bye Aaron~!

Aaron put his phone down and walked downstairs. He sat in his usual seat, at the far end of the table. "Thank you mom, this looks very good." He said in appreciation. Aaron's older sister glanced at him. "You're in a good mood, why?" She smirked. Aaron blushed a bit and got a little startled. "Um..no reason, Carrie." He said. Carrie continued to smirk. "So did you hear about the new girl at school?" She asked. Aaron nodded. "Yes, of course. She sat next to me. She is actually my project partner." Aaron's mother smiled. "Did you make a new friend, Aaron?" She asked. Aaron actually smiled. "I might've." Caroline smiled. "I'm happy for you, bro." She said, taking a bite of her meal. 

Aaron's younger brother looked at Aaron. "Do you like her?" He asked. Aaron nodded. "Yes." "OOH! YOU HAVE A CRUSH!" Aaron's brother called out. Caroline nearly spit out her drink. "WAIT YOU LIKE HER??" She asked. Aaron became even more flustered. "What? I don't like her like that..I like her as a friend." Caroline looked at her younger brother. "Aaron, oh my god, you like her." "Stop it." He demanded. Aaron's younger brother started smiling. "You like a girl~~!" He sing-songed. Aaron's mother shushed him. "Oh hush, Hunter." Hunter nodded and went back to eating.  

Aaron blushed. Like her? How strange..