1 o'clock: Stars

Deau en Marshal.

The name I am given, which started with the alphabet that can be used to fulfil my parents' desire for one particular joke. Which, is definitely not funny, seeing as it implies what kind of children they gave birth to. Not that my parents care about the implication. The joke's on them.

Regardless of that particular bad taste, I love my parents, my siblings, my family. Plus, my friends.

...Can't say the same about my childhood friend though. I don't love her. I like her, as a friend. It's too bad that we can't be each other's friend, let alone best-friend, anymore...

-vis-à-vis, with one's childhood friend-

"Every Prince needs a Princess," says my childhood friend, Roseli, quite happily

Before she continue, I interrupt a question, "Every Prince needs a Sister?"

Pausing slightly, Roseli looks confused, "Huh? I mean a Princess, you know,"

"I know. The reason why I voiced that question is because," seems like I need to explain it to her, "I am a Prince. My Older Sisters are the Princesses. Which is why, you are saying I need my Sisters?"

My Sisters... I can't think of not needing them at all. Same with my Older Brother and parents. They are my family.

"I don't mean it like that!" Roseli exclaims, flustered, "I mean, me! No! I mean, a Princess! A Princess...!" working her brain furiously, Roseli comes up with the answer, "Someone who will marry you one day!"

What Roseli means, in other words, is... "My wife," I intone, staring at her blankly

"Yes! Your wife!" delighted that the conversation is going the way she wants, Roseli claps her hands excitedly, "I am saying, you need a wife!"

Tilting my head, I remind her, "You were talking about every Prince. Every, Prince," I emphasize the two words separately, "Since when is it about me?"

Furrowing her eyebrows, Roseli questions hesitantly, "I thought we were talking about you?"

"I talked about me to give you an example," I answer blandly, "Since you mentioned 'every Prince', I figured you are talking about Princes in general,"

Biting her lips, Roseli stares at me, "I am talking about every Prince, true... I am talking about you too!"

"What about me?" folding my arms, I ask her

Roseli looks frustrated, "I was saying; you, as a Prince, needs a Princess! It's not about your Sisters! It's about your wife!"

Even after Roseli explains it explicitly, that statement still doesn't make sense.

"I am still too young to be concerned about that," I inform Roseli fairly, "When the time is right, I am sure I will have someone as my wife,"

"When will it be?" after calming down considerably, Roseli asks me expectantly

"When I fall in love with someone and decide to marry her," obviously, that's the only answer I mean to say

The reception does not receive it well, to my disappointment. What did she think will be my answer? Other than the obvious answer I gave her.

"Okay. Who will be your wife then?" grasping her hands together in front of her while asking me shyly, Roseli smiles and blushes

After reacting with dissatisfaction then switch over to shyly ask me like this... Who did she learn it from? Roseli is too inexperienced to execute a move like this properly, considering I clearly saw her dissatisfaction earlier. Should I stop her from walking down that path? Or leave her be?