7 o'clock: Sun

Someone who uses the brain more than the heart, for a certain relationship which requires the heart more than the brain, or even a nice balance, is currently in a dilemma.

"Has your relationship with Yana progressed?"

That night. The night before the monster subjugation field trip. My parents invite me to dine with them outside Gakuen Magi. After we place orders for our meals, we just have to talk. As a family. I would welcome any kind of questions but that.

Personally, in regards to that, I do think this is a good opportunity for Yana and me to calm our minds, independently and far away from each other. But, once I hear that question... It brings flashback. It also brings mortification, because I can't believe that happened!

When I do not answer her question, Mom changes the topic smoothly, "By the way, I have sent your drawing to Murasaki," Mom smiles fondly, "I took a peek, it's a very lovely picture,"

"Thank you," I blink at Mom, not at all surprised Mom would break the seal of the envelope to peek at the content. It does remind me to maybe make another copy for Mom, for her collection of patients profiles.

We talk more about mundane things, the monster subjugation field trip is the most cited topic, then Dad just has to go ahead and asks about the incident at the stairs. I breathe in deeply, 'Corona, since when were you spying on us?!'

"Not telling," Corona replies, sounding rather smug that I failed to sense them

I admit, I was too flustered and distracted to be paying attention to anything and anyone other than...Yana. Even so! Spying on me! How dare you!

"Of course, I would dare," Corona sounds like they are rolling their eyes. The audacity!

Dad knocks on the table to beckon my attention, "Focus on us, Deau,"

Mom is giggling secretly behind her hand, I know. When she speaks, there is no laughter in her voice though, "It's good that you have finally talked it out with Yana, Deau,"

I give them a frown, "The reason for that...talk is not because of your encouragement," I tell my parents that their attempt at matchmaking us is still not welcomed. Turning my head away slightly, to not let them see my expression clearly, I mutter, "Something else came up..." shaking my head to drop that line of thought in the meantime, I continue more distinctly, "We are just starting to learn how to take the next step. Please believe in us and don't meddle,"

I am still not confident about my feelings towards Yana. I still feel disoriented about it. How it comes to be? When did it happen? Am I influenced or is this my feelings? Those doubts are still there, in me.

But...

It's not like I am rejecting the possibility anymore.

Once there is a sign, enlightenment is inevitable. I am not blind, deaf, or ignorant about it now.

"One step at a time," Mom gives me a soft smile, showing her agreement to my request

Dad rests his cheek on a loose fist as he places the arm on the table to support his weight, "If you want to be serious with Yana, don't forget to remind her of who we are," as my gaze meets his, Dad solemnly states, "The duty as one of us,"

I dip my head slightly as a confirmation that I heed his caution. I may not be thinking about it, but I have not forgotten. I am still a Crown Prince candidate, possibly the future King of Meerschaum Kingdom.