5 o'clock: Daybreak

"What did you do to get punched?" is not a question I want to hear

They will still ask about that, regardless of my feelings. My parents, that is. Even after I explain I did nothing, they are still sceptical. Okay, I admit I did do something. I offered Corona to Yana for protection. The reward was a punch on my face.

Where is the justice? Where is my justice?

"Well..." humming that while averting their gazes, this matter is dropped

I heave a sigh and watch as Yana reunites with her friends, again. Moving discreetly, I hide behind my parents to Draw a potion to ease the pain. The punch definitely leaves a mark. The potion that can ease the pain and erase the mark...

"Deau, why do you think Yana needs Corona's protection?" without looking at me who is behind him, Dad questions me something normal

"It's because she is in danger zone," not telling the real truth, but something resembling it, is sufficient. All right, bottoms up.

"No matter what we thought, you do understand that Yana is not a family, don't you?" Dad asks something which I am well aware, "And you decide it's fitting to give Corona, ring included, to Yana?"

I pause to think about it. Ideally, we do not give out Corona's gray-coloured ring. We offer protection by asking Corona to haunt that person, out of sight. What I did by giving Yana Corona's gray-coloured ring...

Mom turns her head to me, while grinning giddily, to tease, "Did you just propose to Yana~?"

I am currently clawing at my face, aiming for my brain, for that slight mistake.

"Using Corona as the engagement ring is not a wise decision," Dad replies to Mom, "But, using Corona as a promise ring, on the other hand..."

I hold on my parents' arms, pulling them closer, to whisper gravely, "This. Is not what I intended. Please don't make fun of my desire to protect,"

Understanding the weight of my sincerity, Mom turns her body to hug me, "Thank you for protecting Yana,"

I accept Mom's hug while mumbling I am just doing my mission. On that matter, Father reminds me that the meaning between desire and obligation are different. That's why, I am not allowed to revise the term I used.

Okay, okay. Mission aside, I do want to assist in protecting Yana too.

The students, Yana's friends, don't have afternoon classes. Either because of schedule or because they are exempted from lessons. After someone suggests to change the location to the cafeteria so they can have a late lunch, the reunion is allocated to the cafeteria of Gakuen Magi.

Since we have eaten lunch, this family from Meerschaum Kingdom only follow to watch over Yana. I do take note of the activity by that suspicious person. She idly listens to others talking without doing anything.

Just from the look of it, she never is one of Yana's friends, is she?

Mom and Dad stay around Gakuen Magi until before dinnertime. The sky is turning dark by then, so they decide to get back their luggage from my dorm room and go to the inn when there is still sunset shining upon us.

I am honestly bored, waiting while observing Yana and her friends. They are talking about nonsensical and uninteresting things, so there is nothing for me to do. Usually, I will spend my time working on something. Now, as I need to watch over Yana, what can I do? Leaving for a while to get something from my dorm room is foolish. That's the same as making sure something will happen.

Withholding a yawn, I stay immobile until dinner rolls around.

I follow Yana and queue behind her to get dinner. When waiting in the line, Yana confronts me. She demands me to answer, "Why are you harassing me?!"