3 o'clock: Dusk

The shopping ended with mockeries exchanged and threats received. A threat of strangulation aside, which she could have done to me because I had my arms full for being kind enough to hold her shopping bags for her, the threat of slapping me silly is appealed to my parents at lunch.

Requesting permission from my parents to slap me? That's new. Don't people usually just act without worrying about the consequence? What does slapping me have anything to do with my parents anyway? Besides, of everything she had done to me, why is this the only thing she is requesting to my parents?

Just by listening to the request without knowing the reason she desires to slap me, Dad gives approval to the guest. While I am giving Dad a look, which he returns pointedly in the hope I will reflect upon my action of the day, Mom tells the guest that she has to catch me later, after lunch, to do that.

That's right. Naturally, I will avoid her, since I now am relieved of my duty to escort her. I wonder if the guest, who looks somehow betrayed, catches the implication that Mom also approves of her request to slap me. Just how bad was I behaving today that causes my parents to approve that irrational request??

"Very bad," Corona supplies unhelpfully, abruptly interrupting my thoughts despite their gray-coloured ring is still in Dad's finger

'Well. It's not my fault they suddenly dropped a bomb on me,' I reply in defence, a little sulkily

"You reacted too poorly. I do agree they picked the wrong topic to start the conversation though," Corona muses, not taking sides, it seems

Big bro Terra notes on our closeness to the guest, which she replies with a warm smile and a casual denial. If they ask me, I will also deny we are getting close. How do they get that conclusion after hearing her request to slap me? Not minding my confusion, Big sis Aira decides to bash me, with the guest agreeing wholeheartedly on what she says, to bond with the guest.

If that's how they see intimacy, it's no wonder they think I am becoming close to the guest.

I am thinking it with sarcasm and roll of eyes, mind you.

Mom joins the fray by wondering, "Who he gets it from?" which effectively paints herself as the new target, replacing me. Whatever 'it' is, those with en Marshal's name simultaneously look at Mom pointedly.

"I am honestly offended when you do this all the time, whenever I ask that question," Mom reminds everyone, minus the clueless guest, mildly

The question, and the topic of the halted conversation, is about my exclusive ability to rile up people whenever I open my mouth. That ability, Mom has it too?! Of course not. As explained by Dad to the guest, who is confused while searching for the similarity between Mom and me in that area, "Litos doesn't annoy people, Yana. Litos destroys people's hopes and dreams,"

Hearing Dad's words, Mom blushes in embarrassment while denying with all her might, "I do not!"

Adding oil to the fire, perhaps, I tell the guest knowingly, "Mom is deadlier than me,"

While glaring at her husband and youngest child, Mom exclaims, "I do not destroy people's hopes and dreams! I am not deadly!"

A challenge has been issued! A challenge has been accepted! Cue, Dad ruefully recounting their tale, "How many times had I been shot down by you in the past?" Mom looks like she wants to refute, but says nothing. Dad continues then, "All the moods, all the romances, all the encouragements...! You always said the wrong things in those situations. Sometimes, I think you are doing it on purpose," although they are all not on purpose, apparently

Right, unlike Mom, "I am doing it on purpose," I speak up suddenly, with contradiction, "Sometimes. Not always. Occasionally,"

As if forgetting the original topic is about me, Big sis Aira replies with, "Nobody asks you,"