"Dip"

I dreaded the snowball. Everybody rushing to get a date, complaining to not having one, and desperately trying to get one is the worst. I've had about 10 girls come up to me to see if I had a date to snowball. I told them I wasn't going so it didn't matter. The only girls who weren't asking if I had a date was Rachael and Paris along with their lunch crew. They didn't seems to care about it either. Cayla didn't show any interest in conversation whoever I was there so she was normal. Rachael and Paris were talking about some girly shows. I was talking to Kaylie about the dumb girls who asked if I could be their date. It was overall a very chill lunch.
"So I think I'm gonna ask Paris to the snowball" Ryan said. "Yeah, cool bro" I said, not really paying attention to him. "And I think I'm gonna cheat on her" Ryan said. "Yeah, do whatever you think is best." I said shooing him away. "Are you even paying attention?"
"What?"
"I just told you I'm gonna cheat on her and you said whatever."
"Sorry I went paying attention..."
"The hell you weren't. What is up with you lately?"
"Nothing!"
"Doesn't seem like nothing. You're barely talking to me or Paris."
"Look, in focusing on my not Paris anymore. She's gotta guy, now its about me finding myself a girl."
"Which is gonna be Rach"
"I don't know, probably"
Ryan went on saying more things and I tuned him out. I really didn't care for sob stories or Paris anymore. I just want to be left alone for a second without being asked what's wrong. What's wrong is that you guys are asking me a million questions that make me want to go crazy.
End of the day rolled around and I invited Rachael to come over and hang. While we were in the car she asked me, "so why didn't you ask Paris and Ryan to come too?" "Us two spending time is not good enough for you huh?" I joked. She playfully slapped my arm. "Of course not, I love hanging out with you. I was just curious that's all." "Well I didn't really want to be bombarded with questions about my being and that's all they're doing these days. You're the only one who drops it."
"Well to be fair, you have been acting different and I see why they would be curious."
"But that's the thing! I tell them I'm working on me not Paris anymore. Paris is all good now..."
"What does working on me even mean?"
"It means me finally getting that girlfriend I've been wanting."
"I see, that's why you asked me on a date!"
"Exactly."
We got home and we watched Netflix movies. Rachael insisted on cuddling with me, which I didn't mind. Anna was on the computer the whole time, probably doing school work. But then she offered to get us some pizza. But as always Anna gets the healthier, vegan option. Rachael didn't mind so I manned up and ate the so called "pizza." It was around 10 when her mom picked her up. She said our "see you laters" and waved goodbye. It was true, wee were going to see eachother in less than twenty four hours on the double date Paris planned. We were going to the state fair, which happened to be awesome. Maybe I can actually have fun then. Let's hope.
I woke up at 11:00 in the morning when my sister was brutally beating me with a pillow. "Get.... up.... you.... lazy....... bum!" She said while hitting me with a pillow after every word. "What the f*ck?!" I asked. "Do you realize it's almost 12:00 PM?!" She shouted. "Yeah..." I said. "Look, I know moms never here, leaving you to make stupid habits and bad choices but now I'm here. You're going to get up early whether you like it or not,Your going to eat the damn healthy pizza whether you like it or not, and your gonna dress nicer whether you life it or not!" She said. "Okay!okay! Damn" I said. I got up and ate two eggs Anna had prepared. She then chose an outfit for me like I was back in kindergarden. "Dude" I said to Anna, looking at the nice satin shirt and Slacks. "I'm going to the fair." "Fine, wear what you want just make it look nice" Anna said. She left but came back. "Oh and tonight in going out with my boyfriend so if you don't see me at home tonight, that's why" she said. "Am I ever going to meet your boyfriend?" I asked. "In time, whenever mom and dad both come home from their busy schedules, we will set a date" she said. I nodded and got ready for the fair. It was 12:00 and I had to be there by 2. The state fair was a foot 30-45 minuets away so I had to get ready earlier. I went with a simple shirt and pants and headed out the door to go pick everyone up.
I first picked up Ryan because he was five minuets away from me, then Rachael, and lastly Paris. "Ready for the fair ladies?" Ryan asked. "Yes I am so ready" Rachael said. During the car ride to the fair, Paris and Rachael kept issuing Snapchat filters on Us and putting it on her story. When we got there, we were surprised. Every big ride you can imagine was there. "Holy sh*t" Rachael said. We were all thinking the same thing. "What to go on first?" I asked. We went on the biggest rides first and made our way to the medium sized ones. But our 6th ride, Ryan and Paris ditched us to go on other rides. "Don't mind them, lets go on the Tilt a whirl okay?" She said. I nodded and we went on the ride. Rachael made me forget about Ryan and Paris. She kept on saying the funniest things and she insisted on going on every ride there was. Even the little kid roller coasters. When we were all done with that, we headed to the lemonade and elephant ear stand. I got a large lemonade to share along with a elephant ear. "Thanks" she said as she took a piece off the elephant ear. The music was playing softly in the background while we ate and talked. "Do you want to go to the snowball with me?" I asked Rachael. She choked on the lemonade for a second. "Wait, what?" She asked. "I know I don't have a fancy poster that had the cheesy sh*t on it but-"
"No I heard you, I was in disbelief, but hell yeah!" She laughed. "That's great to hear" I said. I leaned in and kissed Rachael. I don't know what came over me but it made sense. "You just-" she said. "Yeah I know, I kinda like you" I said. "I kinda like you too Miles Bentley" she said. We both laughed and decided we should look for Paris and Ryan. We found them on the Ferris wheel. "Hey losers" Rachael said as they got off the ride. "Sorry we had to dip for a bit" Ryan said. Rachael and I rolled our eyes but continued to act like it was nothing. "So Rachael and I are going to 'dip' or for a bit. We're gonna play some games and walk around. Don't wait for us" I put grabbed Rachael's hand, our fingers intertwined and walked the other direction. "Savage!" Rachael yelled and laughed.
It was getting darker as the day went on. We played a few games and walked a bit. We talked about snowball and what colors were going to wear. Then we talked about going on an actual date, just the two of us. When it was 7 PM, we decided to go back to the car. I didn't bother finding them I just texted them that we were at the car waiting for them. 10 minuets later, they arrived. The car ride was silent, only the music being heard. I dropped Paris and Ryan off leaving Rachael and I. "Wanna spend the night?" I asked. "Sure" she said. We got into the house and Anna was there rolling her eyes at Rachael and I. "Does your sister not like me?" Rachael asked. "You caught that" I laughed. "No, she doesn't like girls spending the night. She thinks we're her to-" Rachael put her hand up. "Okay! Okay! I get it." She laughed.
During that night all we did was cuddle and sleep, nothing more. I may not admit it, but there's something about Rachael that I like.