Chapter 4

My breath hitches in my throat at his words. For years, all I've wanted was for him to feel the same way. And now that he's telling me he does, I don't know how to respond. I can't help but to think he only feels this way because of the imprinting. That he never would be saying this to me if it wasn't because of that.

"Please, say something." He whispers, gripping my hands a little tighter. I take a deep breath, trying to form the words.

"I...I don't know what to say." I finally manage to get out.

"You don't have to think of me in a romantic way, I will be whatever you want me to. Just know that I'll always love you."

"Does this....Do you only think of me like that because of the imprint?" I ask, needing to know the answer. I close my eyes, bracing myself for the pain I know is about to come.

"The imprint, does help. But I've always liked you, Luce. Ever since I first met you when we were kids." My eyes snap open, not excepting that to be his answer. "Something always seemed to be missing. And it was you. It was you all along. You're the only girl I've ever wanted to be with, imprinting just gave me the push I needed to finally tell you." I fling my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. He lets out a laugh, wrapping his arms around me.

"I've always liked you, too. I just never thought you'd ever feel the same way." I whisper, digging my face into his shoulder. We pull apart, looking each other in the eyes, his face closer than I thought it was. I bite my lip, watching as he leans in. My eyes close when his lips touch mine. His right hand rests on my cheek, his thumb gently brushing my face. I pull away, my eyes still closed as I smile. When they open, Embry's looking at me, a smile on his face as well.

"We should get back to Emily's, your sister might be worried about you." He stands up, grabbing my arms and lifting me to stand next to him. We begin to make our way inside, his fingers lacing with mine. Embry suddenly lifts me up, swinging me around. I squeal, gripping his shoulders. My head falls back as I laugh, the world blurring together. He sets me down, pecking my cheek. I grab his hand again, walking inside the house. Everyone is sitting at the table, except Jacob and Bella who seem to have left.

"Where'd they go?" I ask, sitting at the table.

"Jacob and Paul came back shortly after you two left, then Jacob and your sister walked off." Emily replies, handing me a muffin. I smile, thanking her. Embry goes into the living room, sitting with the guys, while Emily takes the seat across from me. "How'd it go?"

"Good, Embry told me everything. I'm still trying to process everything. I'm expecting to wake up, like I'm in some dream. This all just so surreal." She smiles.

"I completely understand. When I first met Sam he was dating my cousin. Once he shifted, he imprinted on me. He ended things with her, actually waited until trying to ask me out. I refused at first. I mean, what kind of cousin would I be if I dated her ex? Sam didn't stop though, he was very persistent." She smiles as she talks, reliving those moments. "One time he was being difficult, I started yelling at him. I didn't know the stories at that time, so I didn't realize I was going too far. He phased and I was too close, scratched my side and put me in the hospital. He came to visit, he apologized and told me everything. I forgave him, I realized I was being too harsh towards him. And, here we are. It's been almost a year, and I couldn't be happier."

"Wow, you've been through so much. You're so strong." She blushes at my compliment, waving it off with her hand.

"Please, you were introduced to this world by watching Paul and Jacob shift. You didn't even know about vampires until I said something. Sorry for that by the way." I laugh.

"It's fine, I would've found out eventually." Laughter from the other room cause me to look up. I smile as I watch Embry laugh. I love how his nose crinkles and his eyes squint. His laughter is the best though. It's always loud and full of joy, can make anyone laugh. He turns his head, catching me staring at him. He smiles, sending me a wink. I blush and look away.

"You guys are cute. I'm glad he found someone like you." Emily says, causing me to blush more.

"He's the best. He's always been there for me, even when my parents divorced and I hated everyone. He never left."

~

The sun is now beginning to descend, and to the boys, that means it's time for a barbecue and bonfire. I help Emily with the food, we have to cook a lot because the boys are always hungry. I'm in the middle of fixing up some salad when strong arms wrap around my waist. I smile, turning my head to peck Embry's cheek. I finish and we go outside, sitting on a log by the fire. His right arm is wrapped around my waist, my head on his shoulder. I snuggle closer, loving the warmth that radiates from his body. As my eyes are about to close, a yell makes them snap open. Bella walks over to me, anger on her face.

"Luce lets go, we're leaving." She says, grabbing my arm and yanking me away from Embry.

"Woah, everything alright?" Embry asks, jumping to his feet. Bella turns to him, glaring.

"You! Stay away from my sister!" Now, it's my turn to yell at her.

"What?! What're you talking about?"

"Jake told me about you imprinting on her. I want her away from you. She shouldn't have been brought into this world, and you're going to out her in danger." She tried pulling me to the truck, but I plant my feet and yank my arm away, moving to stand besides Embry.

"Yes, he imprinted on me, but he's not putting me in danger. With everything going on in your life, you were already doing that." She stops, her glare softening for a second before hardening again.

"Nothing would've happened to you. Now come on, we're going home and not coming back."

"You can't keep me away from him!"

"No, but Charlie will. I'll tell him about some wild animals running down here and he'll never let you come." I glare at her, knowing she's right.

"Bella, you can't keep them away from each other." Sam says.

"Watch me."

"The imprint bond is too strong, it will hurt them if they're away from each other for too long." All she does is flip him off. She gives me a look, telling me to say goodbye, before going into her truck. A tear slips out my eye as I turn to Embry. He wraps me in a hug, kissing the top of my head.

"She can't do this. She can't keep us away from each other." He whispers.

"Yes she can. All she has to do is convince Charlie it's dangerous here and he'll never let me come."

"I could come to your house, sneak in when everyone's asleep."

"No, Bella will find out and tell dad you're a bad influence, then we'll never see each other." Bella honks the horn, telling me time's up. Embry places his lips on mine. The kiss is soft, gentle, all of our emotions pour into it. I pull away, squeezing his hand before hopping into the truck. On the way home, Bella tries speaking to me, but I yell at her to shut up and she doesn't try again. When we reach the house, I run upstairs to my room, slamming the door. I hear Bella tell Charlie about the imaginary dangers of La Push. When he comes to tell me I can't go back there, the tears fall out freely. He leaves and I slam a pillow at the door, screaming out in anger.

Hope you guys liked it. Thanks for reading!