Chapter 13

I woke up early this morning to spend a few extra minutes with Embry before he and the pack had to leave for the battle. I sadly watched as he got dressed and ate breakfast. When we arrived at Emily's, everyone one was already there. I gave Embry hug, pecking his cheek and making him promise to return safely before standing with Emily and Kim as we watched them leave.

~

I stand outside Billy's house, tears leaking down my face. Jacob screams and my grip on Embry's hand tightens. The loud sound of Bella slamming her door shut causes me to jump. She runs over to us, taking my other hand. Jake cries out in pain again, the sound echoing through the trees. Billy cringes every time. After a couple of minutes, Carlisle exits the house, telling Bella he was asking for her. When she disappears inside, I turn to Carlisle.

"How is he?" He sighs.

"He's fine. I had to rebreak his ribs, but he's doing alright. Now he needs to rest." And with that, he speeds off. One by one, we all slowly leave, telling Billy to keep us updated.

Embry drives me home, kissing me goodnight before driving away. I climb into bed, glad this day is finally over.

I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while. My school ends this and I've got finals coming up. Anyways, thanks for reading! And I am so greatful for all of the reads!! That was awesome to see! Thanks for reading! Hope you guys liked it!