Chapter 9

The day has finally arrived, Bella is graduating today. Charlie and I sit with the Cullens during the ceremony, although I would rather be sitting anywhere else. When Bella's name is called, Dad and I stand up and cheer, Dad because he loves her, me because I love embarrassing her. The ceremony is short and lasts barely an hour. I rush outside, trying to find her among the other new graduates. I spot her under a tree with Edward, who carelessly throws around his probably 50th diploma.

"Bella!" I squeal, throwing my arms around her. She stumbles and laughs, awkwardly hugging me back. "I can't believe you graduated, you're so old! Well, not as old as some people." I whisper the last part, sending a smirk at the blonde vampire. Edward sarcastically chuckles and rolls his eyes.

"Oh hey, Alice is throwing a party later tonight and you're invited. Wanna come?" Bella asks. She gives me her puppy eyes and I sin, knowing I can't disagree when she does that.

"I hate you." I groan.

"I know." Bella laughs and drapes an arm around my shoulder.

~

I've only been at the party for an hour and I already want to leave. Bella's friends Jessica and Angela dragged me onto the dance floor (living room) because Bella had refused. At first it was fun, but after five songs my feet became sore and I could barely stand. I managed to sneak away when a slow song played, dodging past everyone and running outside.

I stand on the porch, looking up at the stars. I've always loved stars. You can't see very much in Arizona, so being able to see a lot is a nice change. I'm interrupted from my thoughts when I spot three figures making their way to me.

"Embry!" I cheer when I realize it's him, Quil, and Jake. I run to them, jumping into Embry's arms. He laughs, spinning me around. "What're you guys doing here? This is Cullen territory."

"Wanted to give Bella her graduation present." Jacob answers, pushing past us and into the house. I look at Embry and Quil, but they just shrug and follow after him. When we enter, we come face to face with Bella and Jake. At first they seem to be arguing, but after he gives her a pretty bracelet, they stop and smile. From the corner of my eye, I notice Alice pause on the staircase, a dazed look on her face. We all walk over to her.

"Alice, what is it? What'd you see?" Bella asks, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"The decision's been made." She responds.

"You're not going to Seattle?'

"No, they're coming here."