Chapter 6

I sit at the table, watching amusedly at Emily as she tries to bake multiple trays of muffins. She huffs as she drops her third spoon, causing a laugh to escape through my lips. She turns to me, a glare in her eyes. I rise, moving to help her. She goes to shoo me away, but after giving her a look, she sighs and lets me in.

We bake a variety of muffins for three hours before the pack comes in, a solemn look on all their faces. Emily yells at them to sit down, as she grabs a plate and heads toward them. I grab the other, following after her. The boys cheer, instantly shutting their mouths when Emily glares at them. We set the plates down, quickly grabbing a couple before the boys eat the rest. I sit on Embry's lap, laughing as he gets muffin all over his face.

Two howls are heard from a distance, and the boys tense up. Sam pecks Emily's cheek, whispering to her before heading off. The rest of the pack trails after him, Embry giving me a hug before standing up.

"What's going on?" I ask, worry dripping into my voice. Embry sighs, grabbing my hand.

"Harry Clearwater died of a heart attack earlier today, we believed that Seth would phase, but now we think him and Leah just did." He explains. I gasp at the mention of Harry.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wanted to wait until later, but with them phasing, now's as good as ever." He pecks my cheek and then runs to catch up with the others. I sit down, resting my head in my hands. I can't believe Harry's dead. Him and Billy were like extra fathers to me, they both took care of me when Charlie couldn't. My shoulders tremble as sobs emit from me. Emily sits next to me, wrapping me in a hug. We stay like that for a little and then decide to sit in the living room.

Sam and Embry return after night has fallen, tired looks on their faces. Embry stands by the door, motioning with his head for me to meet him outside. He waits by his jeep, opening the passenger door for me.

"Em, what's going on?"

"Bella cliff jumped." Is all he says. I climb into his jeep, quickly buckling my seatbelt as he gets into the drivers side.

"What?! Is she okay?" He starts the engine and backs out of Sam's driveway.

"She's fine. Jacob went looking for her after we spotted Victoria, saw her jump and went to help her. Thought I should get you home before Charlie."

We arrive and I see an unfamiliar car parked across the street. Embry notices it as week and tenses up. I go to ask him, but stop when Bella and Jacob pull up. They seem to be arguing, and I watch as Bella runs into the house. I immediately go after her, brushing Embry's hand away when he moves to stop me. I hear him try and follow, but Jacob says something and prevents him from doing so.

Entering the house, I stare at the girl hugging my sister. They must know I'm here, for they both turn to look at me. My blue eyes meet gold ones, and I freeze. Thoughts swirl in my head, my breath quickens. The girl says something, but I hear nothing. Embry is suddenly in front of me, holding my face gently. I begin to calm down, my hearing coming back. Embry grabs my hand and stands beside me. Jacob is next to him while Bella and the girl are across from us.

"Bells, what is she doing here?" I ask her, my eyes hardening into a glare.

"What am I doing here? What are they doing here?" The girl spits back. Jacob growls something under his breath, but it's too low for me to understand.

"Luce, this is Alice-" Bella starts, but I cut her off.

"Yeah, I know who she is. I also know what she is. Now why is she in our house?"

"I was coming to make sure she was alive!" Alice says. "Where were you while she almost died?"

"She didn't tell me she was going anywhere. And me? What about you? Where were you for the past 6 months, huh? Oh, that's right, you were gone! You and the rest of your vampire family were gone and made her a broken mess!" Alice remains quiet, her eyes softening. I begin to feel bad, not wanting to have snapped at her.

"Look, I'm over that whole thing." Bella speaks up. "I'm going to Italy. Edward's in trouble and I need to save him." My head shoots up, my eyes widening. Jacob does the same.

"Italy? Bella, you can't." Jacob pleads with her. All she does is sigh.

"I have to. Luce, can you cover for me?"

"I'm sorry, but no. This is completely ridiculous." She sighs, nods her head, then follows Alice outside. Jacob goes with them, begging Bella to change her mind. Embry wraps me in a hug, rubbing my back comfortingly. If only life was simple.

Super weird ending, but I hope you guys liked it. Thanks for reading!