Chapter 10

"Hold up, what damn army?" Jacob questions. Him, Embry, Quill, and I stand with the Cullens and Bella in a separate room away from the party. Apparently, Victoria has created some type of army to destroy the Cullens and Bella and they're coming to Forks soon.

"Our kind. Newborns. They'll be here in three days." Carlisle answers.

"They were passing around Bella's scent, a red blouse." Alice says, her eyes glazed over as she remembers her vision. "They also had one of Lucy's shirts."

"What? Why?" I ask, slightly terrified. Embry wraps his arm around my waist, drawing me closer.

"She must've found out you're Bella's sister, she wants you dead because of that." Edward replies.

"Oh my gosh." I whisper, tears clouding my vision. A vampire with an army of unpredictable vampires wants me dead. I unravel myself from Embry, running out of the room and out of the house. I head for the woods, running until I'm out of breath. I fall to the ground, twigs scraping against my legs.

"Lucy, are you okay?" Embry asks, sitting next to me. I shake my head and he pulls me into a hug.

"Vampires want to kill me, how am I supposed to be okay?"

"I'll protect you, the pack will protect. Hell, even the Cullens will protect you. Nothing will happen to you, I promise."

"But what if something does? What if Victoria decides to change me? What'll happen then?" He sucks in a deep breath, not knowing how to respond.

"I don't know. Things will be different, but I don't know." He admits. "But I won't let that happen. You will be fine, nothing's going to happen to you, not on my watch." He presses a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you." I say. I anxiously wait for his response, not knowing how he's going to react.

"Gosh, I've been waiting to hear you say that for months."

Super short, kinda a filler chapter. Thanks for reading! Hope you liked it!