Chapter 12

It's a couple days after the training session, the battle is only two days away. Sam decided that the pack should spend the weekend with their imprints. Embry's mom went out of town, and I told my dad I was staying at Kim's. Tonight will be the first time I will be staying at Embry's, and we're going to be alone.

We had spent the whole day at the beach, leaving at dusk. The whole drive to his house, my fingers are shaking. I think he can tell because he grabs my hand, lacing our fingers together. We arrive, him hurrying to the other side to open my door. We enter, walking to his bedroom. I sit on his bed, looking around his room. He kneels in front of me, grabbing my hands again.

"Lucy, what's going on? Why are you acting so strange?" He asks, concern in his eyes.

"I, uh, I just, I've never been alone with a guy at his house before." I admit.

"Luce, I love you, I do. And someday, I want to take that step, but only when you're ready. I'm not going to force you to do anything you don't want to. We could just lay here, I'll even sleep on the floor if that makes you comfortable."

"No, could you lay with me?" He nods his head, the two of us lying on his bed. I rest my head on his chest, his arms wrapped around my waist. I slowly fall asleep, his heartbeat matching my own.

~

It's the next afternoon, the last peaceful day before the battle. While Bella is going with Edward and Jacob up some mountain, Alice said I'd be safe here in La Push. Embry and I are sitting on the couch in his living room, playing some video game. I cheer as I finally manage to beat him.

"Ha! I won!" I tease, smiling at his pouty face. His lips suddenly turn up into a smirk, and he tackles me down onto the couch. His fingers find my sides, tickling me relentlessly. I squeal, trying to wiggle free. "Stop!" I giggle. Embry complies. I now realize the position we're in; him hovering over me, face close to mine, our breaths mingling together. He leans down, lips landing on mine. The kiss is soft at first, slowly turning into something more. It's like no kiss we've ever shared before. It's passionate, igniting a fire throughout my entire body. His tongue traces my bottom lip before entering my mouth. I moan, my fingers gripping his hair. We slowly pull away, our breathing heavy. His eyes have darken, his lips swollen.

"Are, are you sure?" I nod my head. He stands up, leading us to his bedroom. The rest of the day is spent tangled up in his sheets. For a couple of hours, we manage to forget the upcoming fight. But nothing lasts forever.

Short chapter. I know I haven't posted in a couple of weeks. I've got tests and finals coming up. I will try to update next week.
Thank you guys soooo much for 1k reads!!! That was so awesome to wake up to!
Thanks for reading and being supportive, it really helps!!