Chapter Six

One Month Later

        Luna stood on the hill where she had first rested after leaving her parents. This time, Celestia stood with her. Luna wore nothing but a small pack that carried her three elements. They were ready.

        "Good luck, Luna," Celestia whispered.

        "Good luck to you too, sister," Luna whispered. Luna believed in every corner of her heart that they were strong enough to defeat the beast, the one they had learned was called Discord. They had spent all of the week since arriving back to the village learning about the foul beast and his capabilities. They had deduced that his name was Discord, and that his power came from chaos. They believed the elements were the perfect counterpart to his magic. They would fight his disharmonious magic with harmony. It couldn't go wrong.

         Indeed, the battle went just as expected. They defeated Discord easily with the Elements of Harmony, and freed the ponies. They took the ponies back to the lands where the Tree of Harmony was, where they had built a beautiful castle nearby. They named it the Castle of the Two Sisters. Celestia told Luna that they would create a place that the ponies would be safe from any harm, and Luna believed in her mission.

          Celestia had thought it would be a good idea to invite all of the ponies from the village to the palace gates. So there Luna was, watching as the ponies spoke to each other in whispers. They would glance up at Luna occasionally, and their eyes were full of awe. Luna just waited patiently for Celestia to come back.

          "Welcome everypony," Celestia said loudly, getting the attention of all of the ponies. "We are gathered here today to witness the creation of a kingdom. Today, my sister and I will take up leadership to protect you all from harm as best we can. We will make it our duty to make sure that each pony in this land is happy and safe." Celestia continued, but Luna's interest diminished. Luna began to look out at the ponies more. Each of them had a cutie mark, each unique and special. Some of them had wings, some had horns, and some had neither. All of them were beautiful in their own unique ways. Luna smiled. Despite knowing that ruling would not be easy, Luna had never been prouder of herself. She had made the lives of these ponies easier and safer, and that was something she couldn't ignore.

         "We will be known as I, Princess Celestia," Tia was saying, and she bowed her head to the ponies, "and my sister, Princess Luna." Luna dipped her head out of respect for the ponies they had saved. "And with that, I would like to welcome you all," Celestia announced brightly, "to Equestria."

        Slowly, the ponies began to cheer. The noise was a foreign one to Luna, the only cheering in her life had always come from Tia. As the ponies cheers grew louder, so did Luna's pride and love for the ponies. Luna smiled. Even though her father didn't seem to love her, at least there were some ponies that did.