Chapter Twelve

Luna looked through the cold eyes of the hatred she had created. She could feel her fury beginning to concentrate. An anger sparked in Luna, one she had never felt before. Celestia had caused this. If it hadn't been for Celestia, Luna wouldn't be here, because she never would have developed her anger. Celestia had been the reason Luna had become angry with her father. Celestia was the reason Luna had left her father, the only person who could have possibly kept her sane. Celestia was the reason that she did not receive the credit she deserved for saving the ponies from Discord. Celestia was she reason she had been forced to rely on hate in the Crystal Empire. Celestia was the reason those crystal ponies had vanished into thin air. Celestia was the reason her subjects didn't care about her. Celestia was the reason the ponies did not respect the moon's beauty. Celestia had failed the ponies, and her sister. Luna had been the forgiving dormat of a sister she was for too long.

        Luna's mind turned to how she would present herself when she was capable of returning to Equestria. The ponies of the future would not see her as the unjustly attacked little mare she was, but as the tyrant her sister would make her out to be. She must be regal and just, yet firm and strong. She must make the ponies adore her, and to do that she must overcome the image her sister will create of her. She must rise, not as a tyrant, but as the leader Equestria needs. Equestria cannot survive with just a princess. It needs a Queen. The Queen of Night.