Chapter Sixteen

Luna woke up on the stone cold floor. She looked younger, less intimidating. She could see the six ponies on the floor as well, in a circle. Quickly, she hid. 

         Luna noticed the beautiful pendants that five of them wore, each containing their element, molded into their respective cutie mark. The magic bearer, however, wore hers in a crown, and it hadn't changed a bit, because her cutie mark was the element of magic. Luna watched sadly as the ponies rejoiced in their friendship, and Luna had never felt more alone.

          The sun rose, and Luna heard her sister's voice. She shrank back, afraid of what her sister would do to her. Luna had been a horrible pony, and she didn't deserve mercy or friendship.

         Celestia appeared, and all the ponies bowed down to her, other than the purple one, who's face lit up with joy.

        "Princess Celestia!" the mare cried out in delight as she ran to embrace her. 

        Celestia smiled. "Twilight Sparkle, my faithful student." Luna's ears perked back, interested. She had seriously underestimated this mare, Twilight Sparkle. Celestia continued. "I knew you could do it."

         Twilight's face shifted to confusion. "But... you told me it was all an old pony tale," she commented, evidently bewildered.

         "I told you that you needed to make some friends, nothing more," Celestia corrected her. "I saw the signs of Nightmare Moon's return, and I knew it was you who had the magic inside to defeat her, but you could not unleash it until you let true friendship into your heart. Now if only another will as well. Princess Luna!"

           Luna, who had been faking asleep, opened her eyes and whimpered in fear at the mention of her name.

           Celestia approached her. "It has been a thousand years since I have seen you like this. Time to put our differences behind us. We were meant to rule together, little sister."

            "Sister?" Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle both asked. Luna turned her head away in shame.

          "Will you accept my friendship?" Celestia asked. Though the others could not see it, there was still a fear in Celestia's graying eyes.

           "I'm so sorry!" Luna lamented and apologized, rushing to hug Tia. "I missed you so much, big sister!" The color in Celestia's eyes returned to the bright rose they used to be, and they both started crying.

            "I've missed you, too," Celestia replied.

             The others ponies began to talk, but Luna couldn't hear them. All she cared about was that she was in her sister's arms again, safe and together once more.