Episode 3

Ayy'Verynn

I went to the school to pick up Kali', Bae'Ler, Zola & Bailey. I guess I am the new baby sitter. I walked into the school where they hold the student care kids.

"Hi Dr. Alexander we werent expecting you to pick them up today." Mrs. Tharp the child care lady said.

"Well i got off early and decided to surpise the kids. I will be picking up Zola and Bailey to." I said.

"They will love that, just sign by their names." She said.

I got the kids and strapped them in the car and drove home. As soon as i got them a snack and playing with their toys my phone rang.

"Hello?" I said.

"Ayy'Verymn it's Catherine we need to speak." She said.

"Okay well I am home now if you want to come by." I said.

"No we need to talk with the board." She said.

"Okay uh i can get the baby sitter here and be there in 30 minutes." I said.

"Okay I will see you then." She said hanging up.

I scrolled through my cotacts until i found Jackson's number. I hit the call icon and waited for it to ring. He finally answered after the 3rd ring.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Your mom is calling a meeting with the board." I said.

"Why hasnt she called me? I am apart of the board." He said.

"I dont know but i have a feeling. I am going to be the main subject." I said.

"I will talk to the other members of the board to see if they were called." He said.

"Alright let me know when you know something." I said hanging up.

I called the baby sitter and got ready to leave. Once she got here i left and drove to the hospital. Once i got there I walked into the conference room where Meredith, Catherine, Arizona, Aprl, & Minnick stood.

"Ayy'Verynn now before you say something about her being here. Listen." Catherine said.

"Go on." I said.

"Dr. Minnick tells me you are all having an issue with her." Catherine said.

"Yes I have an issue with her methods. You do not walk into a OR and intentionally hurt a patient for the sake of a resident learning to do sutures which they have done a million times." I said.

"Well maybe if these residents were getting taught with my techniques Grey Sloan would strive." Minnick said.

"Or maybe our death rate would be through the roof." I said.

"Ayy'Verynn thats enough." Catherine said.

"Dr. Alexander you were a resident once. Who was your teacher." Minnick asked.

"Richard Webber." I said.

"How would you describe his teach style." She asked.

"Teaching us before we go out and play god with someones life." I said.

"That may have worked when you were a resident. But its old fashioned. The new way of learning is hands on." She said.

"What are you insinuating that i am not compitent to preform surgery or teach?" I asked.

"Not at all, i mean you have been through a lot these past years as i have heard." She said.

"Yes I lost my leg, had a my 1st born in a bathroom and my second in a broken down elevator and Dr. Bailey's husband gave me a C-Section on my sister in laws table. That does not make me incompitant." I said.

"Ayy'Verynn, i brought her here. Although Richard is an excellent surgeon. He is old fashioned. Murphy left here to strive somewhere else." Catherine said.

"Cathrine, I got suspended for something she did." I said.

"Dr. Avery, Dr. Alexander has these residents so scared of her. They are afraid to ask to learn." Minnick said.

"If you havent noticed none of these residents have a intrest in Fetal, Pediatric or NeoNatal surgery. Edwards wants Neuro, Jo is into General and Murphy has never been on my service because of who ever makes the schedual." I said.

"That isnt an excuse for them to fear you." She said.

"You know what it should have never came to this. I dont like to pull rank here but Catherine.....Its her or my money." I said.

"Ayy'Verynn why are you acting like this?" Catherine asked.

"Catherine it is something i cant discuss right now. I do not need a baby sitter." I said walking out.