Episode 13

Claire

After my little scene with Dr. Abery I went to talk to Cheif Bailey. I knocked on her office door and she said come in. I walked in and sat in the chair in front her desk.

"What can I do for you Dr. Marks?" She asked.

"I assume you talked with Dr. Avery." I said.

"Yes I did and he had something intresting to say." She said.

"Look when I applied for the job I was doing a fellowship but I realized fetal surgery wasnt for me." I said.

"So you kept it on your resume anyways. Then was about to go into an OR knowing you didnt have the training to do so." She said.

"Im sorry I know it was unprofessional." I said.

"Your damn right it was. Not to mention you were going in on a woman who the doctor you replaced put her heart and soul into finding a way to save her baby." She said.

"I'm kind of tired of hearing about and being compared to Dr. Alexander. She I agree was an amazing doctor but I am not her." I said.

"But you are taking her patients so you have to be 2 steps ahead of where she was." She said.

"I will try, also I would prefer not to work with Dr. Avery anymore." I said.

"Why is that?" She asked.

"He has some type of vendetta against me. I dont know if he is still in grief or he just doesnt like me." I said.

"It will take him some time to warm up to you. He is uder a lot of stress he lost 2 kids and his wife in less than a week." She said.

"He lost his kids to?" I asked.

"Yes, Ayy'Verynn was pregnant when she first went in for surgery. The baby didnt make it. Bae'Ler their middle child got into a bus reck that morning and had bleeding in her chest cavity. She made it out of surgery but remained on life support. She was in a vegitative state and had no chance of recovering. They decided to pull the plug." She said.

So he lost both his wife and 2 kids. This man has had it rough. Maybe I should have been a little nicer to him....