006

date two

it was coming close to three and geoff was sitting on the porch, waiting for awsten to show up. he would've sat inside but he was too scared for awsten to meet his aunt and uncle. his uncle could be absolutely overprotective and he didn't know if awsten could handle that. 

soon, the same beat-up car from yesterday pulled up and geoff was already smiling. awsten stepped out of the car as geoff stood up from his spot on the ground.

"hey," geoff said softly as he greeted the other.

"hey. ready for tonight?" awsten asked as they walked back to the car.

"mhm," he hummed in reply, getting into the familiar car. 

they exchanged smiles as they got into the car. as awsten turned it back on, some song that geoff didn't recognize was blasting through the speaks, the bass was turned all the way up. it sounded like some generic rap song that's overplayed on the radio. almost immediately, the older turned down the speakers, laughing a bit.

"sorry about that," he apologized as he started to drive.

"who was that?" geoff asked, buckling himself up.

"drake," he replied, "have you heard of him?"

geoff shake his head, "is he a rapper or something?"

"yeah, he was also on degrassi," awsten noted.

geoff just nodded, not knowing anything about the dude. the car ride to the beach was about a hour. a lot can happen in an hour. they had random conversations about anything and everything. it was mostly personal talk, though. 

"what's your favorite band?" awsten asked about fifteen minutes into the drive, glancing over at him.

"probably, blink-182. have you ever heard of them?" 

awsten shakes his head, "no. are they any good?"

"yeah, definitely. i saw them last summer with my friend."

"what's your favorite band?" geoff asked back.

"uhm, i don't really have a favorite band, but my favorite artist is probably chance the rapper."

"i'm guessing he's a rapper?"

"yup."

that's how most of their conversations went and it didn't bother either of them. geoff was slowly coming to the realization that awsten was not exactly like him, nor did he like the same things. that was alright, though. geoff was basing everything off of the opposites attract theory. at least he wasn't going off the olive theory.

as they passed the sign that read galveston, texas, geoff became overly excited. he loved the beach, especially at night when the sun was starting to set. it was a perfect time for photos of the sunset.

"i love the beach, it's such a beautiful time to take photos. it's perfect when the sun is about to set." geoff began to ramble on about it.

awsten listened to everything that geoff had to say. he could listen to the other boy talk forever about anything. hell, he could talk about how much he loves kim kardashian and he would just love the sound of his voice.

soon, they were at the beach and the waves were crashing up against each other, making the whole scene look even more beautiful. geoff was practically memorized by the way everything went together.

"it's so pretty," geoff whispered.

awsten muttered under his breath, "so are you."

luckily, geoff didn't catch it because he was getting out of the car. awsten followed behind him. before the sand dunes were present, geoff had already removed his shoes and rolled up his jeans so they didn't get wet.

"c'mon, aws-ten, you're being slow."

awsten just laughed and shook his head, removing his shoes and socks and setting them on the same rock as geoff. it may be cold, but the brunette was ready to sit on the beach and watch the sun fall into the ocean slowly.

geoff ran towards the oceanfront, giggling and smiling. awsten took a few sneaky photos of him, grinning as he did so. he then started running behind the other, wrapping his arms around the brunette's middle. he squirmed in awsten's arms, still giggling and gasping. he was in a totally good mood today. after he calmed down, geoff relaxed back into the taller boys arms.

"thank you for doing this," geoff said softly after a few moments of silence.

"it's no problem, really."

it was around six when the sun was about to disappear into the water right in front of them. before it was all gone, geoff took a quick photo of it. photos last longer. they sat in silence, watching the sky go dark. it was a very peaceful moment and both of the boys enjoyed it, greatly. 

"do you have a curfew this time?" awsten asked him.

geoff nodded his head, not taking his eyes away from the water, "yeah, before nine."

"it's currently," he pulled out his phone to check, "seven forty-seven."

"if it's an hour car ride, we need to leave before eight."

awsten nodded. he didn't want to be the reason that geoff would get scolded at if he missed curfew. 

"we should leave now, then. considering traffic."

the brunette nodded at that, "yeah. we probably should."

they pulled away before making their way back towards the car. first, they grabbed their shoes and socks before getting back into the car. awsten turned on the heat as soon as they were in and the doors were closed.

"i'd like to thank you for coming with me," awsten said as he started driving back towards the main streets.

"i really liked coming with you," geoff smiled at him softly.

the rest of the car drive was pretty silent beside awsten asking for directions when he needed them. about an hour later, they were pulling up outside of geoff's house. the car parked before anyone said anything.

"so, can i get a kiss yet?" awsten asked.

geoff smiled at him, "on the cheek, yeah."

awsten was overexcited for it, honestly. he leaned over the counsel before kissing geoff's cheek softly.

"goodnight, aws," the brunette said softly, opening the car door.

"sleep well. see you tomorrow at school?" 

he nodded, "after my doctor appointment, yes."

awsten nodded, "alright."

that was the last thing said before geoff got out of the car and made his way towards his front door. before he went inside, he waved goodbye to awsten. he waved back and then geoff disappeared inside. 

awsten could get used to this.

- - -

this is edited and i'm sorry for not updating sooner. sorry!